Sign in to follow this  
kiwi180

PMDG B777 Autoland System Error.

Hi All, I'm new to this product, and generally very impressed. However, there are a couple of glaring errors, and I'm

interested to know if others have noticed them!

During an Autoland, with all aircraft systems operating correctly, "Land 3" should be displayed on the Primary Flight Display

at 1500' Radio Altitude. The PMDG 777 does display this correctly. However, with a message of "No Land 3" on the EICAS, the Primary Flight Display

should display "Land 2" at 1500 feet. Likewise, for a "No Autoland" message on the EICAS, the Primary Flight

Display should show "No Autoland" at 1500'. These messages indicate the level of autopilot redundancy, and relate to

the acceptable landing minima for a particular failure. For example, To conduct a Category Three Autoland with a minima of

zero feet, "Land 3" must be displayed on the PFD. With only "Land 2" displayed, the minima must be increased to 50 feet radio altitude.

My version of the PMDG 777 does not do this!

Am interested to hear some other thoughts on this..

first, it is forum rules to sign every post with your first and last name. this can be set up in the signature. in p3d and fsx only simulates cat3 ILS systems even if the ILS system is lower. however, i do agree with you on the part of showing the different landing options. i know that another aircraft does simulate this to a certain extent. 

Hello,

I have not checked the behavior. The LAND 2 or LAND 3 has no bearing whatsoever on the capability of the ILS transmitter. This is a common misconception. I can get LAND 3 on any ILS provided the aircraft has all three redundant systems operating. It will revert to LAND 2 if for any of the required systems, one is inoperative. For example, RAD ALT, AP or multi mode receiver.

I’ll check and see maybe tomorrow, as my LOE is scheduled the day after.

Cheers,

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

5 hours ago, kiwi180 said:

How are you testing its capability to do so?

From the post, it is not clear if you understand when and/or why those messages should appear.

Kyle Rodgers

I test this by introducing a failure in to the aircraft systems, such as a hydraulic failure, for example, that results in a landing capability downgrade on the EICAS. I then fly an ILS approach, and check for the associated capability to be displayed in the PFD at 1500’. I fully understand the when and why of those messages on the PFD, I can assure you ;-)

Kiwi (I'd like to call you with your real name, but...)

considering the last part of your post I suppose you are type rated (or anything similar) on the 777. So when you are sure that there is something not correct it's best to submit a ticket in which you should tell them into detail what you see and how it should be and please provide something they can work with. A FCOM reference or something like that. This is mainly a user-to-user support forum and bug reports almost certainly get lost here. There is a big 777 update on its way bringing the new features of the 747 to the plane (no timeline known though), so if the developers agree with you they might be able to fix it with this next update. We as the customers can't do anything except agree or disagree and I don't think Kyle is directly involved in the 777. 

You can go here: support.precisionmanuals.com . You'll need to register a support account there. 

Cheers and happy landings.

Edited by Ephedrin
typo in the link

23 hours ago, kiwi180 said:

Hi All, I'm new to this product, and generally very impressed. However, there are a couple of glaring errors, and I'm

interested to know if others have noticed them!

During an Autoland, with all aircraft systems operating correctly, "Land 3" should be displayed on the Primary Flight Display

at 1500' Radio Altitude. The PMDG 777 does display this correctly. However, with a message of "No Land 3" on the EICAS, the Primary Flight Display

should display "Land 2" at 1500 feet. Likewise, for a "No Autoland" message on the EICAS, the Primary Flight

Display should show "No Autoland" at 1500'. These messages indicate the level of autopilot redundancy, and relate to

the acceptable landing minima for a particular failure. For example, To conduct a Category Three Autoland with a minima of

zero feet, "Land 3" must be displayed on the PFD. With only "Land 2" displayed, the minima must be increased to 50 feet radio altitude.

Am interested to hear some other thoughts on this..

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply to my post. I get the message about leaving my name! I'll include it at the bottom of this post, but how do I get it in to the signature preferences for the future?

Yes, I am a current B777 Captain. I'll definitely register a support account, and notify PMDG of my observations, with supporting

documents. I have to say, this is the only systems fault I have noticed so far, and am very impressed over all.

Looking forward to the update, when it arrives!

Cheers for now,

Neil McGreevy.

• Like 2

In the top right corner on profile and then signature or something... could be that you need some minimum posts for that, avsim has been a little strange over for the last couple of months.

appreciate it 🙂

7 hours ago, kiwi180 said:

es, I am a current B777 Captain. I'll definitely register a support account, and notify PMDG of my observations, with supporting documents.

Hi Neil:  Just a thought here from one of their beta testers. This is a really good time to find such things and get them documented at PMDG Product Support.  After an item is verified or validated then it goes into the bug tracking system.  Then when development resources are allocated to a B777 update they will go through the bug list and fix as much as they can during that phase.  So, the longer the list the better and I am confident that they appreciate the feedback.

Dan Downs KCRP