Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

GTN750/650 Separate Purchase ?

Hello maybe a stupid question but can I buy only the GTN 750 without having to buy the GTN 650 ?

I'm not clear if the two need to be bought in order to work and/or if they come bundle.

In the RealXP shop it look like two different product however the manual is not that clear.

In the flight one shop they come bundle hence my question.

I would like to take the benefit of the current sales but I'm not sure what need to be bought.

Thanks

Hi,

The genuine Reality XP GTN 750 Touch and the genuine Reality XP GTN 650 Touch are 2 different products and 2 different purchases!

They however share the same User's Manual since they have a lot in common in regard to FltSim integration!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

51 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

Hello maybe a stupid question but can I buy only the GTN 750 without having to buy the GTN 650 ?

5 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

Ok so you confirm I can buy only one product and don't have to buy the two product for them to work ?

Yes, as Jean Luc stated. 

By the way, with your GTN 750 purchase you get (2) two 750 gauges.  750_1 and 750_2.  So if you own or purchase an aircraft that provides installation of two 750's then you will have two to work with.  Each has it's on memory and work independently from each other. So you can follow a flight plan on one and watch for traffic on the other, as one example of what you can do.

Another possibility is that you can install 750_1 in some aircraft, and 750_2 in other aircraft.  That provides good flexibility.  Lets say you fly some flights in Europe and other flights in the USA.  You can install 750_1 in the aircraft you fly in Europe and store you Europe flight plans in 750_1. Then you can install 750_2 in the aircraft you fly in the USA and store your USA flight plans in 750_2.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hey Frank, do you have the RXP 750 installed in the Milviz DHC--3T Turbo Otter? Thinking about buying both today and want to make sure they work together.

Thanks in advance

B Leehan

Bruce Leehan

43 minutes ago, Bruce Leehan said:

Hey Frank, do you have the RXP 750 installed in the Milviz DHC--3T Turbo Otter? Thinking about buying both today and want to make sure they work together.

Thanks in advance

B Leehan

Sorry Bruce, I do not have the Otter.  Just looked at the MilViz product page for the Otter and they provide a configuration for a 750.  The direct support is for F1's GTN, but other users here can likely help you put the RXP GTN 750 in instead.  I have done that with two other MilViz models.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, Bruce Leehan said:

Thank you!

Sent you a private mail here at Avsim.

Frank Patton
ASUS