Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

KSEA - Taxi2Gate or Drzewiecki?

hi all,

with the sales going on at the moment i am considering to buy KSEA.

should i go with the Taxi2Gate or Drzewiecki version? i have a hard time finding comparisons on the net (i am aware that you get more than one airport with the latter, however i will only be using KSEA either way).

maybe one of you has used both versions and can share some experience?

thanks you!

Denis

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

This is probably a thing that comes down to personal opinion/taste. Both are good sceneries. Personally, I like the T2G version more from the visuals and slightly more realistic textures. There will be plenty if people though that like Drzewiecki's scenery more. You'd have to see for yourself. On the plus side for Drzewiecki is that it includes several other airports and KSEA has some kind of arch-gangway going over the south terminals (not sure if it's been built yet IRL) modelled which T2G's version doesn't have so it's a bit more current. If you're using KSEA only I'd say go with T2G as you'd be paying for a large part of the Drzewiecki package that you wouldn't even use and quality is more or less the same anyway. Just my two cents.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I have the DD KSEA.  I’m not too impressed.  The dynamic lighting at night is not very good.  I would try the T2G

Matt Wilson

About the only thing missing from the T2G version is the SkyBridge in the Drzewiecki version.  Perhaps T2G will update their version someday to include it.  I like to fly into airports that are accurately depicted.  The only issue I have with the SkyBridge is the fact it does not show anyone walking across it.  Pretty neat though!

197380_SEAv11_AD_X_63.thumb.jpg.48ddfd4cf5ad48acb637d3d4b3c1ce4d.jpg

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I like the T2G version

Agree. Bought it 2-3 weeks ago sale at simMarket.

Only thing I'll mention about T2G KSEA is the installation can be a bit temperamental with Orbx FTX products, particularly regarding Seattle city buildings and elevations around the airport.  Not sure if all those anomalies have been corrected in their installer since the last time I downloaded it.  The scenery is terrific, but YMMV with the installation.  Even if you still have to fiddle with it, it is definitely worth it.

Perhaps Rick can respond if there were issues with the installation...

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I own both and stuck with DD, especially since it includes KSEA and KPAE with their passenger terminals in their future layout.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

5 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Only thing I'll mention about T2G KSEA is the installation can be a bit temperamental with Orbx FTX products, particularly regarding Seattle city buildings and elevations around the airport.  Not sure if all those anomalies have been corrected in their installer since the last time I downloaded it.  The scenery is terrific, but YMMV with the installation.  Even if you still have to fiddle with it, it is definitely worth it.

Perhaps Rick can respond if there were issues with the installation...

Have a plethora of Orbx stuff dating back to when they first came on the scene, i.e. NA Blue, Gold NCA, Gold SCA, etc, etc and recently just downloaded nearly 86Gb of my FTX Central stuff. And only yesterday was at T2G's KSEA in the PMDG SWA 737NGX without a hitch. Installation was as smooth as butter.

My only concern with buying the t2g version is their lack of support in case something goes wrong or P3d v4.4 breaks it in the future and they never update it 

Orman

How does texturing in the DD ksea  compare to the DD Ny airports or DCA? Both are lower quality in my opinion. 

Orman

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Have a plethora of Orbx stuff dating back to when they first came on the scene, i.e. NA Blue, Gold NCA, Gold SCA, etc, etc and recently just downloaded nearly 86Gb of my FTX Central stuff. And only yesterday was at T2G's KSEA in the PMDG SWA 737NGX without a hitch. Installation was as smooth as butter.

Great news, Rick.  There are quite a few threads around explaining all the things that needed to be done to correct all the compatibility issues.  Glad it appears they've corrected the installers.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 hour ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I own both and stuck with DD, especially since it includes KSEA and KPAE with their passenger terminals in their future layout.

I also have both and have stuck with the DD version. I had no issues with compatibly for either scenery with ORBX FTX PNW.

• Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Each one will have their strengths and weaknesses, I currently use DD but I think it's pretty "meh", especially at night.

T2G on the other hand does not integrate very well with DD and Orbx, despite the efforts. I also don't like their support.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Thanks Eurowing for posting this as I was literally researching this same thing today.

Orman