Sign in to follow this  
copilot767

2 Wishes Parking and Percent

Hello...

For a couple of days working a lot with your program- some wishes 🙂

Could it be possible in a specific example : EKCH.xml set parking percent.. EKCH 40%  EGLL 30% 

Instead of change it everytime in the menu??

Wish 2: In a Way lock an aircraft to a gate and not disapear after a landing, so it Will be the same we see leave from same gate at the return flight or to the planes Next destination??

Think it Will be some of the last before we really have a realistic live traffic- locked planes to specific gate and leave again😀

Chris from Denmark

12 hours ago, copilot767 said:

1) Could it be possible in a specific example : EKCH.xml set parking percent.. EKCH 40%  EGLL 30% 

2: In a Way lock an aircraft to a gate and not disapear after a landing, so it Will be the same we see leave from same gate at the return flight or to the planes Next destination??

@1) We used to have that (from the beginning, 3 years ago, till version 12.0 ...)  when percentage was a parameter in the airport file.  That was also not completely satisfactory.. I'm looking for a better, automated way, maybe depending on FPS..

@2) Well that will not always work, I'm afraid, because departing aircraft do not always switch their transponder on while they are at the gate, it also  may happen during taxiing, or even later. Currently arriving aircraft that get parked do not disappear until they no longer fit with the real live parking situation of the next hour. If at the the same gate the return flight starts (and it is available in the ADS-B stream), you will at least see the same type and airline, exactly the same aircrfaft is in theory also possible but then you need to install a livery for every registration code.

Edited by kiek

Well, first of all, thank you for such a beautiful piece of software !

I want to ask if it would be possible to have an option whether you want to parked AI to disapear or not. I fly mostly from and to CYUL airport, and most aircrafts here, if not all of them, turn their transponders while still on the gate.

Having this option would make an arriving aircraft to park at a gate and stay there until the same plane appears again on ADS-B on the same gate. I guess PSXT would just replace it as it does for other parked aircrafts. This would make it very realistic, and users would have the choice to disable this feature if they fly on other airports that don't have this "luxury" :)   

The issue I have is that the airport becomes empty after running PSXT for a certain time. Parked aircrafts disappear but PSXT do not replace them, I guess because the updated CYUL.xml is still fairly new.

Thank you so much!

Amine from Canada.

4 hours ago, vcaptain747 said:

Well, first of all, thank you for such a beautiful piece of software !

Parked aircrafts disappear but PSXT do not replace them, I guess because the updated CYUL.xml is still fairly new.

Thank you, please tell your friends!

Strange, your airport should not become empty. Is your parking percentage high enough?

Nico

Hi Amine,

I have made a small change in current version 13.6:  "Arriving live aircraft that park at a gate will stay there for at least 65 minutes (or 90 minutes for heavy aircraft)."   *)

If you had already downloaded and installed 13.6, do it again please.

This is not exactly what you wanted (stay forever till freed, or not. ..), but it may result in seeing the same plane again when it does the return flight within normal turn-around times. 

I also rather not add more options in the user interface.

Nico

*) Under the condition of course that it is not "swept away" (under collision detection) from the gate by a drifting live aircraft😉

EDIT: Also added :PSXT will detect that a starting aircraft at a gate is a return flight; it will use the same livery as the arriving aircraft!

Edited by kiek

On 11/23/2018 at 9:31 PM, copilot767 said:

Could it be possible in a specific example : EKCH.xml set parking percent.. EKCH 40%  EGLL 30% 

I

Hi Chris,

In version 13.7 every airport can have its own parking percentage (again). The way of changing it in the PSXT UI is now more intuitive, I think.

You can also edit the value manually in the airport file of course, although using the UI is recommended (no chance of editing errors).

Nico

Edited by kiek

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:42 AM, kiek said:

Hi Chris,

In version 13.7 every airport can have its own parking percentage (again). The way of changing it in the PSXT UI is now more intuitive, I think.

You can also edit the value manually in the airport file of course, although using the UI is recommended (no chance of editing errors).

Nico

Nico --

With Ver 13.7 and the return of the Parking Percentage, due to my mediocre system, I want to have 0% Parked to save on the FPS hit.  When I initially start the program, the default is 35% and my airport is populated with parked aircraft.  But when I input 0% into the Parking % and hit enter, the parked aircraft remain.  I was under the impression that once you enter a % then the parked aircraft will represent that %.

Thanks,

Matt

2 hours ago, Swinden said:

I was under the impression that once you enter a % then the parked aircraft will represent that %.

No not immediately, that value will be used next time you start PSXT or when the hourly update starts (at half past). 

However, you have found a bug, a value of percentage_parked=0 in the Airport file is not recognised, I will fix that in the next version. Use 1 percent for the time being.

Edited by kiek

Is there a chance you can add back a default % in ParkPosGenerator?

I personally don't use parked aircraft, but all files are default 35% and so I would either need to change all files manually each time I run the tool, or I need to change to 0 in PSXT, quit the program and then restart. I much preferred the old way before the update. Thanks.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

No, there is not, I'm sorry. Just enter the percentage you want for the airports you fly on. That cannot be a lot, so it is not much work, I'd say.

EDIT: You only have to do this once for each airport, there is no need to run PPG again.

Edited by kiek

Thanks for the response. I have all my airports in a handful of install locations, so I point PPG to the parent directories and only need to rerun it after I install a new airport. That way I don't need to add paths for every airport.

I'm not quite following the logic to "force" a 35% default value in PPG that I have to manually edit in the xml. Every time I install a new airport it rewrites all parking files, so I have to edit my files not once but after each run of PPG. I really love your program, but to me the removal of a custom default value in PPG feels like a big step back and I personally don't see the reasoning behind it, unless I'm missing something?

In my opinion it shouldn't be a problem to have a field for default value in PPG plus the custom value in PSXT. It wouldn't change how the logic works, it would only allow us to pick a default value other than 35% without having to manually edit xml files. Just my thoughts.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

22 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said:

Every time I install a new airport it rewrites all parking files, so I have to edit my files not once but after each run of PPG. I really love your program, but to me the removal of a custom default value in PPG feels like a big step back and I personally don't see the reasoning behind it, unless I'm missing something?

You're missing the point that PSXT will put your airport.xml file, after you have changed the percentage_parked via the UI,  in the parked_updates subfolder of PSXseeconTraffic. Hence it will never be overwritten by subsequent runs of PPG. If you manually edit an airport file, be it the percentage or a parking position or whatever, you should put your files  in the parked_updates folder too (see the readme.txt file in parked_updates).

Edited by kiek