Sign in to follow this  
blcjr

Setup Error: The Garmin Trainer installer missing (resolved)

Just purchased the RXP GTN and the setup claims that the Garmin Trainer installer will be installed from RXP servers during installation. That doesn't seem to be happening. Was hoping to paste an image of the onscreen error but do not see how. It says it cannot find Garminsetuptrainer_2300.exe looking in two different locations. Honestly, the RXP purchase and installation is way too fragile. What am I to do? I'm downloading the trainer from Garmin to see if I can put the trainer installer where the RXP GTN install is looking for it, but it is a 2.6GB download so it is taking a while, and then probably will not fix my problem.

May not be the issue you are dealing with, but this is worth a try.  Suggest during the installation process you do some Alt-Tabs to see what all is available.  Sometimes a dialog box can hide behind other stuff that is open,  and stay hidden that way, leaving the user to guess nothing is happening. But on his system it may be lurking behind other open apps.  Have not personally had this happen with RXP/Garmin, but have had it happen on several occasions with other stuff.  Either try Alt-Tabs to look around, or minimize the view of open windows, one by one,

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, blcjr said:

It says it cannot find Garminsetuptrainer_2300.exe

Hi,

This means you are not using the latest RXP GTN v2.5.8 e-commerce installer from our website.

Please download the latest version and this will work ok.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I have the same problem as the above person.  I purchased it via the sale for thanksgiving and downloaded the coupon.  Everything went fine until install.  I ran the installed and on the installer it says to go to one of two links to download the trainer.  The first link is dead and the second link worked.  It then downloaded a Garmin trainer that was approx. 2.2g file size.  I let that complete.  I then installed it.  I cant find any info on what to so with the files.  I then ran the installer again and it says in the readme area of the installer that it will download the files during install.  I check the box and hit continue.  When it gets to a certain point I get an error message that states.  Setup can not find the trainer and it gives a location of where it is looking.  I hit continue and the install goes through.  I run xplane 11 and I then go to plugins and the 750 shows up but they have nothing but a blank screen.  Nothing works.

I have run the install twice and have done it with the antivirus turned off.  If this is an installer problem then why are you asking people to download out of date installers and coupons.  I only downloaded this less then 24hrs ago.  If it is an installer problem where can I get the latest one so that the product works correctly.

Where can I find step by step install instructions because even with the trainer files downloaded I cant get this to work.  It says that when installing it SHOULD connect to the reality XP servers and download the product but I never see this happen.  I only get the error message.

setup has detected an error the garmin trainer installer is missing from either: then is list two file locations.  I have checked and the trainer installer is not listed in them.

I downloaded and unzipped the trainer from the link in the installer menu when it shows up.  I have no idea what to do with the files.

please help

Bill

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information, I now see what the problem is.

The installer is configured to download the latest trainer automatically for you. Just let it download, then let it run, install the trainer and the database modules at least, or the whole including TXi and GDU. Once done, the RXP software installer resumes.

However, the 'Read Me' file links where not updated in the previous update, and you were trying to manually download the trainer from these links.

Since we're preparing an update this morning, this will be corrected.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I have the same issue and the installer is not downloading the garmin trainer and is giving the same error as Willian 516.

I don't understand what you mean.  I have the box checked that says download the latest and it never tries to do anything.  It simply brings up an error at the beginning of the install that states it cant find the trainer install exe in two locations that it checked.

Can I simply move the 2.2g training to where it wants to find it?  Sorry im lost and it doesn't appear to look online for the software you are referring to.

Thanks

Bill

Until you find out what is preventing your Windows system from downloading a file, you can download and install the trainer manually using this:

http://download.garmin.com/software/GarminTrainerSetup_2310.exe

Once installed, you can then re-install the RXP GTN (if not already) and it should pick the trainer up automatically.

NB: we're working on the update planned to be released today any time soon with corrections to the 'readme' files so that they show this link, however, the software installer is already using this link internally should you let it do it automatically (supposedly).

There is nothing that is preventing me from getting the file.  I stated that the first link in the program window is a DEAD link.  I used the second and can make that link work.  I downloaded a HUGE 2.2g file that I didn't realize was that big until I did the download.  I DID the install on my computer for the trainer software and got the 750 trainer window and the option for a ton of PDF files for manuals.  I have run RXP GTN install again and get the same error.  It is as if the installer is broken and it cant find the server it should be going to.  I have shut off fire walls, I have shut off VPN, and I shut off antivirus so I highly doubt that anything is blocking the program.  I even ran the installer in ADMIN rights.  I get the same results.

I wish I could post a screenshot of what it says. I copied the text of the error.

select x-plane 11 folder (this is where Xplane 11 is installed)
D:\Steamlibrary\SteamApps\common\X-plane 11

Setup detected as error. The gramin trainer installer is missing from either 

C:\Users\bstap\appdata\local\temp\is-DH2RO.tmp\GarminTrainerSetup_2300.exe
C:ProgramData\RealityXP\Common\GTNTrainer\GarminTrainerSetup_2300.exe

I have checked both location and the GarminTrainerSetup_2300.exe file is missing.  Is this the file that when I download from the link should I put the exe in one of these location, all I did was run the installer for the trainer from the download folder. 

Bill

Hello, 

I had the same issue, installed the trainer automatically, I installed the trainer from the link on the installer, still got the system working, but still get the error, I'm having course issues with my PC-12, not sure if it is part of the problem though.

The latest GTN installer v2.5.8 downloads only '2310'. Previous GTN installer did download '2300' which is no longer available. The only reason it fails would be you are using an older installer, or we've missed something in the installers. 

Nevetheless, hold on, we are still working on the update, just got delayed a little today but it will be released today.

I confirm there was a bug in the installer, thank you for your detailed explanation win lead us to the root cause, and for your patience. We're uploading the update in few minutes.

a quick note to let you know v2.5.9 update is now released:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/534857-rxp-gtn-750650-touch-x-plane-v259-released/