Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Monitor shopping. Help me out friends!

I moved from 27 @ Full HD to a 55 curved @ 4k which gives me roughly the same pixel size, but 4 times more area. It sits the same distance, the same 3 feet you told and I consider it perfect. It's not close enough to sense the individual pixels and the aircraft pane gets pretty much the same size as the real counterpart. Considering I sit in the center of it the fact of being curved is a plus. I'm really pleased.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

9 hours ago, Poppet said:

use a 27 Inch Dell Ultra-sharp monitor,  Resolution of  2560 x 1440.  I love it,  Its really crisp and clear and have no regrets.   I have no Interest in 4k,  Personally speaking I don't see much of a  difference between my current monitor and 4k

Ditto here

Agree with Rick & Elaine unless you have a 1080ti > around 28" and a good quality screen is the way to go.

I have a high quality 28" but 1080x1920. Its great and P3D is a lot kinder at that res than 4k. 30 FPS with DL ON, runs smooth as can be. Give me a 2080Ti and I might then go for 4K.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I use a Sony Bravia XE70 (4K - 43" 108 cm). The image is neat, cristal clear. One of the buys I never regretted so, yes, I recommend it.

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

Count me in on the 40+ inch crowd.  I have a 42-in Samsung 4K TV about 14-in from my nose when I'm hand flying in IMC and it is beautiful.  I've played with 30 Hz and various display settings but currently I'm most happy with 60 Hz screen and P3D set to 4xMSAA 24 fps frame rate lock no Vsync.  Settings vary with configuration.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

I think my seating position is rather similar to yours (approx 3 feet away)

I use an "all round" Philips 4k 32 inch monitor with IPS-panel. It is def. not made for FPS gaming but it mops the floor with my previous 40 inch 4K curved VA-panel from Samsung. That one had terrible ghosting artifacts when you panned around in the virtual cockpit.

I am very satisfied with my monitor. The GPU probably will not be. 😋 , since it will have to process way more pixels. Dynamic light and Sparse grid anti-aliasing - use them with caution. Same with reShade and Tomatoshade presets (some of them will be extremely taxing on your GPU).

Best of luck!

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. I opted for a DELL 27"LED Free Sync Gaming Monitor 1920x1080 TN AMD,2ms. I looked at the 2560x1440 and they were a little above budget for the time being. I choose the 27" figuring on sharper resolution and desk space consideration. I went with flat screen being unsure if I would like the curved screen. I think I got a good deal at $199. Should be an improvement over my old 22" Acer.

Thanks for the advice as what I read here was instrumental in my choice. Maybe next year a new yoke and quadrant. I wish Honeycomb would release theirs. Looks like nice hardware for the price point.

Cheers all!

Vic green