Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

FS PILOT's Mesh Products ".. immidiate attention required" ?

Anyone else got this message from PILOT'S (FS GLOBAL Mesh Products)?

If I understand correctly I have to pay another 16 € (+VAT) for a product what I already own to get it later reimbursed for another product what I probably don't want?

Message from S. Schaefer (CEO Pilot's):

URGENT – IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED – ACT NOW!

At PILOT’S we have just received news that The FlightSim Store has officially declared
bankruptcy and is now closing down for good in the coming weeks. This culminates a lengthy
episode of many problems with the store, both for customers and developers. You may or
may not have already noticed that downloads from The FlightSim Store for customers who
have purchased PILOT’S mesh products, such as FS Global 2018 or FS Global Ultimate –
Next Generation
, are unavailable or can no longer be validated and thus installed.

What does this mean for The FlightSim Store customers who have purchased any of these
two PILOT’S FS Global mesh products?

PILOT‘S has setup a transfer mechanism in conjunction with simMarket. This will allow
customers of The FlightSim Store to transfer their PILOT’S FS Global mesh purchase from
The FlightSim Store to simMarket for a small fee. This transfer fee, which covers the
download bandwidth and transaction handling by simMarket, is reimbursed through a coupon
discount that PILOT’S have put in place, and is activated once the transfer from The
FlightSim Store to simMarket is complete.

How does it work?

Follow the link below to access your product at the simMarket store, then purchase the
product. You must use the exact same email address you used when purchasing at The
FlightSim Store! If you do not have access to it any more, please contact us BEFORE you
complete the purchase. At checkout use the coupon code below. It will reduce the price to
EUR 16,-- (plus VAT, if any!). This is the initial small cost you need to invest to cover
simMarkets download bandwidth and handling.

IMPORTANT: If you do not use the coupon, but pay the full price, we CANNOT refund the
difference! So MAKE SURE you use the coupon code! If you have any difficulties or
questions, it is imperative that you contact us BEFORE you complete the purchase!

Also IMPORTANT: You must complete the purchase in one stream! Once you go back (even
if you correct something or have forgotten to check you agree with terms etc) it will be gone!
That is a feature of simMarket store. Also local VAT (if any) will be added to the price. It is a
net value coupon. If you see "delivery fee", it is a wording problem at simmarket/paypal.
There is no delivery fee, just proceed with the check out.

After the purchase is complete, you will be able to immediately download and use your
PILOT’S FS Global mesh product. You will also receive a brand new serial key, which you will
have to use from then on. Your old serial key from your purchase at The FlightSim Store will
be revoked and invalid.

Transfer here: xxxxxxx

At checkout use the following coupon code

XXXXXX

So how exactly is the purchase transfer fee reimbursed?

Once PILOT‘S has received your purchase notification from simMarket, you will be sent
another coupon code with a value EXCEEDING the value of the purchase transfer fee for
use on any product at our store at www.fsim.net.

Please note that this offer for transferring your FS Global purchase from The FlightSim Store
to simMarket EXPIRES on 15 January 2019.

We again thank you for your patronage and continuing support of PILOT'S. This is much
appreciated and helps us to create more and even better products for current and upcoming
flight simulators.

Thank you!

Stefan Schaefer
PILOT'S GesmbH
C.E.O.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

LOL! what a mess that is! I think they call that "Ransom" in the detective shows!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I have not recieved anything yet but go to their facebook page and its true they are closing shop in the next couple weeks. What a mess. You should backup purchases and serial numbers and downloads locally.

Edited by JamesIL
added more info

I was just telling my wife about this and it came to me how stupid this email really is. This guy wants us all to send 16 Euros with all of our credit card information to a company somewhere in the never land of the internet to someone who is going bankrupt and probably is hard up with the cash situation. What could go wrong with that deal??? Man you can't make this stuff up. Duh!!😂

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Anyone else got this message from PILOT'S (FS GLOBAL Mesh Products)?

If I understand correctly I have to pay another 16 € (+VAT) for a product what I already own to get it later reimbursed for another product what I probably don't want?

Hi Harry,

If you don't have a backup of your FS Global mesh purchase from The FlightSim Store, then, due to the impending bankruptcy of The FlightSim Store, you no longer have the ability to access the files you should normally be able to download directly from The FlightSim Store.

PILOT'S is simply taking the initiative to facilitate the transfer of your purchase from The FlightSim Store to simMarket, thereby preventing your purchase from The FlightSim Store to be lost forever. and guaranteeing future access to the files that you now no longer have access to via The FlightSim Store. I'm not sure I understand why you think this is a bad thing?

Cheers,

Jerome

7 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I was just telling my wife about this and it came to me how stupid this email really is. This guy wants us all to send 16 Euros with all of our credit card information to a company somewhere in the never land of the internet to someone who is going bankrupt and probably is hard up with the cash situation. What could go wrong with that deal??? Man you can't make this stuff up. Duh!!😂

Hi Sam,

How is the email stupid? Either you've misunderstood something very fundamental or are just trolling this topic! To label simMarket as "a company somewhere in the never land of the internet" is just ridiculous and I encourage you to reread the email from PILOT'S.

Cheers,

Jerome

6 minutes ago, jzimmermann said:

Hi Sam,

How is the email stupid? Either you've misunderstood something very fundamental or are just trolling this topic! To label simMarket as "a company somewhere in the never land of the internet" is just ridiculous and I encourage you to reread the email from PILOT'S.

Cheers,

Jerome

If there is a troll here it is not me. More likely there is something fundamental that you don't understand. You can not sell something to me that I already own. 

Edited by shivers9

Sam

19 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

If there is a troll here it is not me. More likely there is something fundamental that you don't understand. You can not sell something to me that I already own. 

The problem is that you do not own it.  You own a license for it.  And I guess simmarket needs some payment to now host the files (server space etc).  I think we all forget we don't own any digital software, we only own a license.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Let's keep it civil, gentlemen.

59 minutes ago, jzimmermann said:

If you don't have a backup of your FS Global mesh purchase from The FlightSim Store, then, due to the impending bankruptcy of The FlightSim Store, you no longer have the ability to access the files you should normally be able to download directly from The FlightSim Store.

PILOT'S is simply taking the initiative to facilitate the transfer of your purchase from The FlightSim Store to simMarket, thereby preventing your purchase from The FlightSim Store to be lost forever. and guaranteeing future access to the files that you now no longer have access to via The FlightSim Store. I'm not sure I understand why you think this is a bad thing?

What I think you may be missing, Jerome, is that users are being required to, in essence, re-purchase the software in order to be able to validate and reinstall it.  I missed this on my first reading, too, thinking this was just an option to have a redownload of the software available from Simmarket.  But without the FSS validation server, even users with a backup copy of the file obtained from FSS still can't install the software because the FSS validation server is history.

Imagine if, when a user attempted to install FSX from his trusty old Gold Edition DVDs, that Microsoft told you that you'd have to go to FSW or Lockheed Martin and pay $15 to activate FSX using their servers.  That'd cause something of a commotion, I think, and rightfully so.

Pilot's may want to quickly re-think this one before the hue and cry reaches fever pitch and the bad publicity eats their shorts.  Just my humble opinion...

Regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ryan I know you are being the voice of reason here. It is really a funny thing at least until someone called me a troll LOL! I don't mind the money for someone else to store the product. The trouble here is that the deal is not something like you have a week to download and store your product yourself and you are on your on. Fair enough but as stated in the email itself that site has been a problem for a long time now. A2A warned folks on their site a couple of months ago. To be clear, I have my stuff backed up. Those who don't are left with pay the money or you are out of luck. That is just wrong no matter how you look at it. I stand by my post.

Sam

5 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Let's keep it civil, gentlemen.

What I think you may be missing, Jerome, is that users are being required to, in essence, re-purchase the software in order to be able to validate and reinstall it.  I missed this on my first reading, too, thinking this was just an option to have a redownload of the software available from Simmarket.  But without the FSS validation server, even users with a backup copy of the file obtained from FSS still can't install the software because the FSS validation server is history.

Imagine if, when a user attempted to install FSX from his trusty old Gold Edition DVDs, that Microsoft told you that you'd have to go to FSW or Lockheed Martin and pay $15 to activate FSX using their servers.  That'd cause something of a commotion, I think, and rightfully so.

Pilot's may want to quickly re-think this one before the hue and cry reaches fever pitch and the bad publicity eats their shorts.  Just my humble opinion...

Regards

Thanks Bob, I did not even realize that. 

Sam

Fortunately I have a backup of all installation files, and I wouldn't agree paying again anyway.

If I ever had to reinstall and had problems regarding the activation (which I don't remember how it works in their case) I would probably switch to another brand or even a freeware option.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

If you mean a back up of the FSS installer, it is of no use at all, as explained already.

If you bought it there, you need a back up of the installed product and it may already be too late.

I did not receive this email is it because I own FS Global 2010 ☹️

I forgot about the installers not being able to communicate with Flightsimstore….sigh.

Thank you Op for posting this info. 

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Why doesn't Pilot simply create a store and host the files themselves. Save a lot of trouble with all these middle men. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor