Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

FS PILOT's Mesh Products ".. immidiate attention required" ?

I think the great part of Pilot's Mesh customers have it installed and thus have access to the corresponding scenery files (ca 80 GB for FSGUNG). AFAIK the installation structure of mesh products is pretty simple since only some scenery titles were added to the scenery.cfg. I don't understand why Pilot's does not give us a simple instruction/installer which could be used if one has the complete set of files somewhere on the system. With this this we would have a backup/installer if we have to re-install it.

Instead, they ask for additional money. That's annoying. I am sure there are better ways to deal with the bankruptcy of  FlightSim Store.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

13 hours ago, Nemo said:

Instead, they ask for additional money. That's annoying. I am sure there are better ways to deal with the bankruptcy of  FlightSim Store.

That is my feeling too.  Selecting Simmarket as their selling store was a bad decision.  I purchased FSG 2018 last year from the FlightSim store for 60 AU$, roughly 40 euros.  Simmarket is selling the product for 60 euros !!!!! A 50% increase just for distributing the product?

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

I'm glad this topic has been raised. I got my email from Pilots last month, and when I did I thought to myself that it wasn't exactly the great deal Pilots made out. I didn't read / see any reaction from the community about it and ended up thinking I was just being a fiscal prood! Good to see it's not just me who doesn't like this 'deal'.

Murray Dreyer

So if you miss the 15th deadline your just simply out of luck? you have to purchase the product at full price? I didn't even get an email yet.

This is why I always purchase products directly from the vendor.

14 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

This is why I always purchase products directly from the vendor.

Some vendors do not  sell directly so that wouldn't be possible, like  quality wings has to be bought through Flight1 for example

But i agree when possible to deal direct with vendor 

This FSS situation is a mess

Edited by stephenbgs

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

6 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

Some vendors do not  sell directly so that wouldn't be possible

Agree. Sometimes I have to bite the bullet. Like Taxi 2 Gate. I'm waiting for their KIND scenery.

Do the issues raised in this thread apply to other vendors stuff sold through FSS in particular not being able to reinstall/validate because the FSS validation server has turned into a pumpkin?  Eg HiFi, Carenado, REX etc. I do note that REX at least have offered assistance but what about others?

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

It is about time that I would love to see another party provide us more high fidelity global mesh with much better installation package.  Now, I have to figure out on how to get DX10 Fixer also as it uses FSS to authenticate the installer.  Very upset of Flightsimstore owner for not planning succession plan on this.  All developers & customers are left hanging.  Anyway I digressed from topic. 

To the op - thanks for the heads up about the Pilot mesh info

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Can you just back up the files you have installed and add them manually later if needs be. 16 euros is like 30 bucks for me. And they offer a credit for one of their products but I don't really see anything that interests me. 

34 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

Can you just back up the files you have installed and add them manually later if needs be. 16 euros is like 30 bucks for me. And they offer a credit for one of their products but I don't really see anything that interests me. 

That's exactly my point. I assume, if you keep your installed folders/files (about 80 GB) on a safe place you can reinstall it manually (adding it to scenery.cfg via P3D menu) as long as P3D does not change essentially.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

41 minutes ago, Nemo said:

That's exactly my point. I assume, if you keep your installed folders/files (about 80 GB) on a safe place you can reinstall it manually (adding it to scenery.cfg via P3D menu) as long as P3D does not change essentially.

Ya at this point I think Im willing to take the chance. If it does not work out I will just use a freeware product. If they had some decent other products to spend the money on I would. But all I see is a couple airports in Spain and a weather engine.  If they offered a simmarket voucher I would also consider it. 

In my opinion they have to set up a way to validate the new install should this be the case. I understand it's the user's responsibility to keep the installation program in a safe place, but having to pay again due to a registration/validation system that is not working (and it's no the user's fault either) is definitely not right.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

The fs global 2018 files already in simmarket because right now one can buy license there already.  So I do not understand what the new fees are for?

I am still out of luck as I am on FS Global 2010 (but have my backups)

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hmmmmf.... just came back to Flight Simming after quite a while away running my new business. Managed to get most of my downloads from various vendors installed or updated to 64bit, but my FS Global 2010 seems to now be gone, with no way of getting it back! I've missed this transfer window to Sim Market, so it seems i'm stuffed for now.

Somewhat annoying considering we're talking about digital files that could simply be made available to customers that have been caught up in this whole debacle..