Sign in to follow this  
sloppysmusic

The universal GPS management tool - where is it?!?

Hi,

I'm pulling what's left of my hair out trying to find this. There is a post on your FB page saying it is ready a while back but I can not find the actual tool anywhere, on my pc or online. I got the WX Radar today and want to change to a GTN750 x 1 panel so there is room for it insted of the dual GTN I have used so far. I have modded the original install and plane is working great I do NOT want to run the install program all over again and wipe over all my changes. Surely there must be a way to change panels without re-installing the aircraft?

If I have to ruin my mod setup I will just throw the WX in the trash, the Lear is the only ac I have with built in panel that uses it and I don't use popups ever.

Please help!

42991332_10156454528910731_6907790562959

😄

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

6 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Hi,

I'm pulling what's left of my hair out trying to find this. There is a post on your FB page saying it is ready a while back but I can not find the actual tool anywhere, on my pc or online. I got the WX Radar today and want to change to a GTN750 x 1 panel so there is room for it insted of the dual GTN I have used so far. I have modded the original install and plane is working great I do NOT want to run the install program all over again and wipe over all my changes. Surely there must be a way to change panels without re-installing the aircraft?

If I have to ruin my mod setup I will just throw the WX in the trash, the Lear is the only ac I have with built in panel that uses it and I don't use popups ever.

Please help!

42991332_10156454528910731_6907790562959

😄

The GPS Management Tool should be in a folder on your desktop called Flysimware Falcon50 Info.

Al

Edited by ark

2 minutes ago, ark said:

The GPS Management Tool should in a folder on your desktop called Flysimware Falcon50 Info.

I don't have the Falcon only the Lear. Is it ONLY for the Falcon? It says AIRCRAFT config not FALCON config which is why I thought it was for all their aircraft.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

It is just for the Falcon 50.

Al

1 minute ago, ark said:

It is just for the Falcon 50.

Al

Oh bugger. Oh well only 7.95 wasted it was on sale....thanks for letting me know.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

On 11/23/2018 at 9:25 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Oh bugger. Oh well only 7.95 wasted it was on sale....thanks for letting me know.

If you own the Lear then why was 7.95 wasted? The Lear uses a single or dual GTN 750 and the Milviz radar with both options. When you run the installer you choose the setup. If you have a custom setup. Save what ever is custom and do another install then compare panels to see what needs to be changed. I am pretty sure you modded panel will not be needed as the new panel setup will give you exactly what you want. A single GTN from Flight 1 and the Milviz radar.

Edited by Flysimware

5 hours ago, Flysimware said:

If you own the Lear then why was 7.95 wasted? The Lear uses a single or dual GTN 750 and the Milviz radar with both options. When you run the installer you choose the setup. If you have a custom setup. Save what ever is custom and do another install then compare panels to see what needs to be changed. I am pretty sure you modded panel will not be needed as the new panel setup will give you exactly what you want. A single GTN from Flight 1 and the Milviz radar.

It was 'wasted' because now I would need another couple hours (say $70 of my time) to painstakingly restore the great mods I had installed before so they and the dimmed lighting would work perfectly again. I DID spend the time and now have it all working BUT $7.95 was not the cost in lost hours for me. It should be darn well possible to change config WITHOUT wiping whatever setup you already have!!

RXP do it correctly without wiping your install

A2A do it correctly

RealAir did it correctly.

As regards comparing panel.cgs.  Remember that is fine if you know the changes that are made to accommodate the WX which was a new product for me. Otherwise backing up and copying over changes from the earlier PRE-WX modded aircraft would just wipe the WX and I would be back at square one.

Doesn't matter now as I have the changes made and backed up. Was quite definitely NOT cheap for me at $7.95 after repeating everything all over again.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I am confused and have some questions.

You stated you want to remove one of the GTN 750 units to make room for the WX radar. Is that right?

Well in the lear the radar is moved to the pedestal when you have the dual GTN750 installed. So if you buy the radar from Milviz you do not have to do anything. You just simply install the radar on your computer.

Now if you did want the radar moved to the panel next to a single GTN 750. Then you run the installer and choose the single gps unit. And any mods needed to be saved like repaints and the aircraft.cfg so you can replace those after the new installation. Also never heard of any Company that can re install the product without overwriting the old files. Please explain as that part lost me.

So what is modded? So i can understand what would be so tough to replace?

With these questions answered i can easily tell you how to get exactly what you want for a new configuration. Also the L35A gets updates from time to time and is getting a huge update since out tech pilot now fly's that plane. So getting use to how to update is very important.

Edited by Flysimware

27 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

I am confused and have some questions.

You stated you want to remove one of the GTN 750 units to make room for the WX radar. Is that right?

Well in the lear the radar is moved to the pedestal when you have the dual GTN750 installed. So if you buy the radar from Milviz you do not have to do anything. You just simply install the radar on your computer.

Now if you did want the radar moved to the panel next to a single GTN 750. Then you run the installer and choose the single gps unit. And any mods needed to be saved like repaints and the aircraft.cfg so you can replace those after the new installation. Also never heard of any Company that can re install the product without overwriting the old files. Please explain as that part lost me.

So what is modded? So i can understand what would be so tough to replace?

With these questions answered i can easily tell you how to get exactly what you want for a new configuration. Also the L35A gets updates from time to time and is getting a huge update since out tech pilot now fly's that plane. So getting use to how to update is very important.

I DID want to do that but have done it myself manually now. No offense sir but the radar on the pedestal is out of view. How are you supposed to configure a route with the GTN around rain when you cannot see nav screens and the wx at the same time without some kind of unrealistic fisheye view.

I will give you some idea how out of sight the lower pedestal is. I flew with 2 GTNs there WITH the WX for a week and until you told me it was there I never even noticed!

I did not mention re-installing the aircraft just switching around some panels.

EXACTLY as you do with the new GPS configurator for the Falcon!

A2A have an aircraft config app. You can choose which GPS you want, default, rxp or flight 1 at any time AFTER installation without messing with the whole install.

RealAir have a very detailed app for many options including GPS for the most recent of their planes before they stopped trading.

PMDG have options within the FMS for installing panels and instruments while you are actually IN the plane.

Bjoern mods for L35A

The above mods are very commonly used but require careful manual editing and backing up of multiple config files. Absolutely NOT something you wish to do more than once and certainly not every time you want to switch panels around!

I am always ready and able and happy to install updates, as long as .cfg files are not wiped without warning. Asking someone to delete an entire plane off their system just to add a new .air file or high res textures is a little too much!

Dont get me wrong I love this plane, and the way it is now and I tell others to buy it too! 

The whole point of my complaint was that you are making many posts on FaceBook about all the features of the config tool for the new Falcon but do not make the same tool available for the Lear, or the Grumman for example. I AM happy with the aircraft itself, very much so!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Ok i see what you mean by the other Company's offering a tool like our Falcon to change panel options. Now that makes sense.

Giving out updates that just replace some files can confuse customers because usually the updates are not just textures and a new air file. So its best to just give out the entire new update as we know it works. We tell customers with mods to save their work and then simply drag and drop them.

The example of the mod you gave mostly was fuipc functions that we do not overwrite. The radar is the only one if you use a 3rd party. But if your buying the Milviz then you do not need that mod. So it sounds to me you have no moded files in the aircraft folder that need to be saved. So i am still confused why you can run the installer and get exactly what you want with in 10 minutes.

What files have you altered in the L35A aircraft folder? Save them and overwrite after fresh install.

Edited by Flysimware

7 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

What files have you altered in the L35A aircraft folder? Save them and overwrite after fresh install.

Bjoern mods for L35A

I'm posting this link again in case you missed it. The VITAL part here is that the mods there CHANGE two panel.cfg files.

The WX program surely is a panel.

Therefore adding the WX AFTER making panel mods would surely mess the panel.cfg files up if you ran the installer and THEN copied back up panel.cfg files back over the ORIGINAL panel.cfgs? 

Apparently there is an update after than my ac version, but I checked and nothing in there was worth all the effort of re-installing to me.

I understand for people running vanilla installs a complete re-install is the safest way to add updates. For those of us who like to tweak (which is how quite a few developers start out in the profession!) I would personally prefer a zip file with ONLY the changed files inside and a simple change.log txt file. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Can i ask what exactly was changed in the panel.cfg Ore can you send me your panel config so i can check it myself and understand the issue. 

or since you have a full backup i have a test you can try.

1. Run the flysimware installer and choose the single GTN750 option.

2. Then remove the entire new installation (L35A) folder to your desktop.

3. Copy your full backup to the FSX/Aircraft folder.

4. Copy the interior model from the desktop and overwrite the interior model.

5. Copy the panel.cfg from the desktop and overwrite the panel.cfg.

6. Load the RDR/GTN model in the sim.

Now you will have a single GTN750 and a Milviz radar both working and both on the main panel. Nothing on the pedestal.

NOTE: It would be nice to know what you modded as i think you have nothing that will get replaced. Please give me an example of a mod you did or send that panel.cfg

Edited by Flysimware

Ok before we go any further I need to make clear my Lear is EXACTLY how I want it right now with ONE GTN and the WX both on the main panel and just radios on the pedestal. I do not need to do anything to get it right as I did it all manually a few days ago. I appreciate your help although I do not need it right now, maybe when/if there is a major update I will!

For your interest here is some of the panel.cfg from the RDR/GTN. I never need to use the RDR/GNS aircraft.

The actual mods are here with readme.odt/pdf at the bottom explaining all the changes and how to make them..not a quick process but it works great!

THE ORIGINAL PANEL.CFG

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=900,900
visible=1
pixel_size=900,900
texture=$gps_1

gauge00=Learjet_35A!SYSTEM,             0,0,2,2
gauge01=Learjet_35A!FUEL_USED,          0,0,2,2
gauge02=Learjet_35A!FUEL_SYS,           0,0,2,2
gauge03=Learjet_35A!CLICK,              0,0,2,2
gauge04=Learjet_35A!SOUNDS,             0,0,2,2
gauge05=Learjet_35A!ALERTS,             0,0,2,2
gauge06=Learjet_35A!AP_MODES,           0,0,2,2
gauge07=Learjet_35A!SPD_HOLD,           0,0,2,2
gauge08=Learjet_35A!ALT_HOLD,           0,0,2,2
gauge09=Learjet_35A!VS_HOLD,            0,0,2,2
gauge10=Flysimware_Lear35A_Fuel_Dump!Fuel_Dump,    0,0,2,2
gauge11=MT_XMLSound!MT_XMLSound,        0,0,2,2

gauge12=Learjet_35A!KEYS,               0,0,2,2

The modified panel.cfg

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=900,900
visible=1
pixel_size=900,900
texture=$gps_1

gauge00=FSW_L35A_Mods!LoadSave, 1,1,1,1
gauge01=FSW_L35A_Mods!SYSTEM, 0,0,2,2
gauge02=Learjet_35A!FUEL_USED,          0,0,2,2
gauge03=Learjet_35A!FUEL_SYS,           0,0,2,2
gauge04=Learjet_35A!CLICK,              0,0,2,2
gauge05 = FSW_L35A_Mods!SOUNDS_Mod,       0,0,2,2
gauge06=Learjet_35A!ALERTS,             0,0,2,2
//gauge07=Learjet_35A!AP_MODES,           0,0,2,2
//gauge08=Learjet_35A!SPD_HOLD,           0,0,2,2
//gauge09=Learjet_35A!ALT_HOLD,           0,0,2,2
//gauge10=Learjet_35A!VS_HOLD,            0,0,2,2
gauge11=Flysimware_Lear35A_Fuel_Dump!Fuel_Dump,    0,0,2,2
gauge12=MT_XMLSound!MT_XMLSound,        0,0,2,2
gauge13 = FSW_L35A_Mods!LJ35A_Autopilot, 1,1,1,1    
gauge14=FSW_L35A_Mods!KeyControl, 1,1,1,1

an edit from aircraft.cfg:

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain          = 0.0040                //Gain on fuel flow

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain          = 1.0                //Gain on fuel flow MOD VERSION

the original section of aircraft.cfg ELECTRICAL

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24.0
generator_alternator_voltage = 28.0
max_generator_alternator_amps = 400.0

;BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage   BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4- 7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)
avionics_bus       = 0, 25, 8.0
avionics           = 1, 25, 8.0
pitot_heat         = 0, 2, 8.0
additional_system  = 0, 2,  8.0
marker_beacon      = 1, 5,  8.0
starter1           = 0, 400, 17.0
starter2           = 0, 400, 17.0
auto_feather       = 0, 5, 8.0
gear_warning       = 0, 2, 8.0
fuel_pump          = 0, 5, 8.0
flap_motor         = 0, 0, 0.0
gear_motor         = 0, 0, 0.0
autopilot          = 0, 5, 8.0
light_nav          = 0, 5, 8.0
light_beacon       = 0, 5, 8.0
light_landing      = 0, 10, 8.0
light_taxi         = 0, 10, 8.0
light_strobe       = 0, 5, 8.0
light_panel        = 0, 5, 8.0
light_cabin        = 0, 5, 8.0
light_recognition  = 0, 5, 8.0
light_wing         = 0, 5, 8.0
light_logo         = 0, 5, 8.0
auto_brakes        = 0, 5, 8.0
standby_vacuum     = 0, 5, 8.0
hydraulic_pump     = 0, 5, 8.0
fuel_transfer_pump = 0, 5, 8.0
directional_gyro   = 0, 5, 8.0
directional_gyro_slaving   = 0, 5, 8.0
engine_generator_map   = 1,1,

MODIFIED

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 25 //At 100% capacity!
generator_alternator_voltage = 29.0     

max_generator_alternator_amps = 400.0

//BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage      

//BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus, 

//4-7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)

avionics_bus       = 0,0,0 //0, 25, 12.0    

avionics           = 1,0,0 //1, 25, 12.0    

pitot_heat         = 0,0,12 //0, 2, 12.0    

additional_system  = 0,0,12 //0, 2,  12.0    

marker_beacon      = 1,0,12 //1, 5,  12.0    

starter1           = 0,0,20 //0, 400, 20.0    

starter2           = 0,0,20 //0, 400, 20.0    

auto_feather       = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

gear_warning       = 0,0,12 //0, 2, 12.0    

fuel_pump          = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

flap_motor         = 0,0,12 //0, 0, 0.0    

gear_motor         = 0,0,12 //0, 0, 0.0    

autopilot          = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

light_nav          = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

light_beacon       = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

light_landing      = 0,0,12 //0, 10, 12.0    

light_taxi         = 0,0,12 //0, 10, 12.0    

light_strobe       = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

light_panel        = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

light_cabin        = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

light_recognition  = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

light_wing         = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

light_logo         = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

auto_brakes        = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

standby_vacuum     = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

hydraulic_pump     = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

fuel_transfer_pump = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

directional_gyro   = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0    

directional_gyro_slaving = 0,0,12 //0, 5, 12.0

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

3 hours ago, Flysimware said:

1. Run the flysimware installer and choose the single GTN750 option.

2. Then remove the entire new installation (L35A) folder to your desktop.

3. Copy your full backup to the FSX/Aircraft folder.

4. Copy the interior model from the desktop and overwrite the interior model.

5. Copy the panel.cfg from the desktop and overwrite the panel.cfg.

6. Load the RDR/GTN model in the sim.

Ok after reading your modded panel.cfg [Vcockpit01] all you have to do is add a simple step after step 5.

5A. Copy [Vcockpit01] from the original and replace that section of code.

Edited by Flysimware