Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Correct way to load payware A/C

Hello:

What is the correct way to load payware airplanes?  My normal routine is to start the sim on the home screen with a default airplane, load my route, set my time/date and than load the scenario.  After the scenario loads, I select my "vehicle" (the payware A/C I want to use) and than fly.

Is this not correct?  Thank you.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

You can do any order that you wish, as long as you load a default plane before loading your payware plane. Loading default plane insures required systems are loaded in prep for your payware. (I have heard there are a few payware that can be loaded without a preloading, but that is heresay, not absolute proof.)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

25 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

You can do any order that you wish, as long as you load a default plane before loading your payware plane. Loading default plane insures required systems are loaded in prep for your payware. (I have heard there are a few payware that can be loaded without a preloading, but that is heresay, not absolute proof.)

Thanks.  But I think that's kinda my question.  When you say "load", does that just mean load default airplane to home screen or to scenario?

Appreciate it.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 minute ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thanks.  But I think that's kinda my question.  When you say "load", does that just mean load default airplane to home screen or to scenario?

Appreciate it.

I have also wondered what people meant by that for years. What is meant by "load"?

Start a flight where a default aircraft is sitting on the runway (or at a gate) and then go into the menu and select a different vehicle or

When creating the scenario, the first plane that appears in the window spinning around is a default aircraft. You then select a new aircraft at that point.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

If you load P3D to the Scenario screen, then you have loaded the default aircraft that is spinning in the Aircraft window (assuming that you have not changed this). The default P3D plane when P3D is first installed is the F22 Raptor, but this caused problems for me with the Quality Wings BAe 146, so I changed that to the Beechcraft Baron.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hello:

What is the correct way to load payware airplanes?  My normal routine is to start the sim on the home screen with a default airplane, load my route, set my time/date and than load the scenario.  After the scenario loads, I select my "vehicle" (the payware A/C I want to use) and than fly.

Is this not correct?  Thank you.

In your case you can load the payware plane at the scenario screen already because you have a default plane as default. 

So your routine could be: start sim on home screen, load route, set time/date, select payware plane and then start the scenario/flight. 

No need to actually sit in the plane. 

22 minutes ago, J van E said:

In your case you can load the payware plane at the scenario screen already because you have a default plane as default. 

So your routine could be: start sim on home screen, load route, set time/date, select payware plane and then start the scenario/flight. 

That is how I do it, never had issues in this way with any payware planes.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

27 minutes ago, J van E said:

This method works. A large number of complaints about FSX and P3d stem from people reusing saved non-default scenarios. Both sims save a lot of aircraft parameters in the scenario file and doing so mucks up the initial conditions of many complex aircraft. Typical symptoms include unexplained CTDs and loss of flight control.

Take a look at any saved scenario file with a text editor and you'll be surprised at how much of the state of the user aircraft is included.

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

If you load P3D to the Scenario screen, then you have loaded the default aircraft that is spinning in the Aircraft window (assuming that you have not changed this). The default P3D plane when P3D is first installed is the F22 Raptor, but this caused problems for me with the Quality Wings BAe 146, so I changed that to the Beechcraft Baron.

It's funny because this is the reason I asked the question.  I too was having issues with the 146 so I asked on the QW forum.  They said to load the 146 from the home screen.

So, I wasn't sure if this is best practice for PMDG, FSLabs, QW, etc.

Aaron Ortega

I disagree slightly. I use the cub as my default a/c and KBUR as default location. There are several payware a/c that will not start unless I actually LOAD the default a/c from the scenario screen. If I just get to the scenario screen with default a/c and switch - no joy. So IMHO, it really depends but to be sure you have ALL the variables initialized properly, actually load the default a/c ( location doesn't matter) and then switch.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vic,

I'm assuming that the F-22 at the default location is what is showing in the scenario screen. That's what I meant when I agreed that it's not necessary to "sit in the airplane". Setting the scenario equal to <blank> In Prepar3d.cfg accomplishes this initially.