Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

reshade me configuration menu not responding

When that  happens to me, I usually go to spot view and tilt viewpoint upward and all of a sudden the menu gets responsive again.

I have no idea why that works for me - but it does.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

On 11/24/2018 at 11:35 PM, ashepherd316 said:

does anyone else have the problem of the reshade me configuration menu not responding in p3d v4.

I have this problem too. Don't know how to solve it. 

Ricky Tam

There is another way to make almost any reshade version work, but it does require a bit of preparation. First make sure you switch off any Multi or Super Sampling AA in both Inspector and the sim. Before you press the key to start the reshade overlay, put your main P3d window in windowed mode and reduce its size so it is full height but at the extreme left of your screen, and narrowed down to the same size as the reshade overlay later.

Now right click and "Hide Menu Bar". This is important as when loaded reshade's overlay window interferes with the menu bar. 

Next, right click on your reduced-size window and click on "undock window". This will create a full-sized window to the right of your main, reduced window. Resize the undocked window so it takes up 3/4 of the screen. So now you should have two windows, one small and one wider, side by side, showing the same view.

With the left (main) window slected, now open Reshade and the overlay will pop up. You may have to adjust the left window size to exactly accomodate the overlay. That should now allow you to make live tweaks in configuration mode.

If the mouse starts trailing or acting wierdly, press CTR briefly and that restores the mouse.

Occasionally the mouse will start leaving bad trails and fail but though it is clunky you can edit. If things get impossible, simply right click on the right hand undocked window and re-dock it, then undock it again. Sometimes the main (reduced) screen will show as a monochrome mess but the undocked screen will still look ok. You can perform your tweaks then close reshade and inspect your tweak. At all times you can redock the window or switch reshade overlay off and the screen will return to normal.

After you tweak, close the reshade overlay then re-enable MSAA to inspect your tweaks with decent quality.

Hope that is useful.

Edited by robert young
typos

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page