Sign in to follow this  
Ed Kammerman

Problem with 748

Hi guys, first of all pardon me if it's all runs together but I use speech to text and don't always think about punctuation LOL. To the subject at hand, over the past couple of days I've been having a problem with my 747 - 8. I get set up at a gate at Heathrow, set my parking brake Go to the overhead turn on the APU and the nav lights when I see that the Apu is running I go down to the throttle quadrant to turn off the engines. Not working everything goes to being a hand as in doing something with it when I move away from where a hand should be I have to wait for it to become an arrow, whetherer I right click or left click it becomes a hand again I try to go up to the overhead and nothing works. Everything on the 747-400 works so I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling no joy help would be appreciated thank you by the way using FSX, Windows 10 64-bit and last I knew version 1803

Edited by Ed Kammerman
Adding a little more info

You must turn on one of the APU generators, preferably the #1, prior to shutting down the engines.  The electrical power does not switch over automatically.

Edited:  It just occurred to me that you are referring to the mouse control switching from a pointer to a hand and back and that is not what I was addressing.  My apologies.

Edited by 1290SASRider

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

Ed, you can really help your case, if you posted images. Remember that old adage----a picture tells a thousand words.

This sounds like a viewpoint problem, as in it is inside the headrest?

Dan Downs KCRP

Not that I know of. After I get parked I right click and choose lower overhead switch on the APU and wait till it's running then turn on the nav lights, go to a clear spot and right click and choose the throttle quadrant. That's where the problems start. Please see original post.

On 11/25/2018 at 1:23 AM, Ed Kammerman said:

when I see that the Apu is running I go down to the throttle quadrant to turn off the engines. Not working everything goes to being a hand as in doing something with it when I move away from where a hand should be I have to wait for it to become an arrow, 

Do you have mouse issues or do you have aircraft system issues??

If you have to use this speech recognition, then we‘ll have to work with it.. but if you are able to type, you really should use some punctuation. This is terrible to read and understand, honestly. 

Rather than starting the 748 in the default state with engines running, it would be a whole lot easier to make the short turn panel state your default start up panel state. Then your sim would load in a ready to start state with engines off and the APU already running. It might not solve your view problem but it would be an easier way to start.

Have you tried alternative view controls to see if the mouse cursor response is better? Such as using mouse look (spacebar+mouse) or cycling through views using key A?

It sounds like PMDG mouse logic might be getting messed up by using right click to select a view. Low framerate in the VC might make this worse. If your fps is good then opening a support ticket with PMDG might be the best option.

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg