Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Need your advice - airports on sale

Hey guys

I'm planning to get the airports on the list now that they are on sale over at the X-Plane.org store and wanted to ask for your advice if any of the airports on the list is a truly bad choice. After doing lots of reading I hope all of them should be good choices.

NdryZ8I.jpg

Richard Åsberg

4 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Hey guys

I'm planning to get the airports on the list now that they are on sale over at the X-Plane.org store and wanted to ask for your advice if any of the airports on the list is a truly bad choice. After doing lots of reading I hope all of them should be good choices.

NdryZ8I.jpg

I own 2/3 of them and all are good choices, especially Corfù, Nice, Innsbruck, Oslo. I did not buy Rome because I was disappointed of the missing new terminal and I did prefer to work on a conversion of an FSX product.

By the way it really depends on what you're still missing, for example EDDF by Aerosoft is better than EGLL in my opinion or LEBL Barcelona is more attractive than a medium one like SAlzburg or Luxembourg.

Edited by Desaix

1 hour ago, Desaix said:

I own 2/3 of them and all are good choices, especially Corfù, Nice, Innsbruck, Oslo. I did not buy Rome because I was disappointed of the missing new terminal and I did prefer to work on a conversion of an FSX product.

By the way it really depends on what you're still missing, for example EDDF by Aerosoft is better than EGLL in my opinion or LEBL Barcelona is more attractive than a medium one like SAlzburg or Luxembourg.

Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated!

I already own EDDF which I find truly great! Rome is an airport I like since I flew there IRL and also since I don't have any other Italian airports for XP.

As for Barcelona, are you referring to the version by JustSim? Reason I ask is that one didn't get a true topscore over here where it was said to appear a bit "rushed" to the market with a number of things the reviewer thought they should have fixed before releasing the scenery.

As for Salzburg and Luxembourg I love the approach into Salzburg! Luxembourg received a very positive review over here which made it tempting to put that one of the list. On the other hand, I asked the same question over at X-Plane.org and one guy said there are mesh issues with Luxembourg and some of the object not at ground level. Didn't sound very good and at the same time a bit of a surprise considering the great review.

Richard Åsberg