Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

Finally given up with FlyInside.... .some questions

After my 4th flight in a row ending in a CTD, I have finally given up with FlyInside.  It is a great pity, because it is such a good bit of software.

I have made 2 successful flights with native VR in P3D v4.3 but have some questions.

1)  Is there anyway of having the mouse cursor fade away after a few seconds of innactivity?  It is really distracting having a white blob continuously in the cockpit.

2)  Is there anyway of repositioning Pop up windows.  They just appear straight in front of me, and because they seem to be outside the cockpit, I can't interact with them.

3)  This is the most feature I most regret loosing.  In FlyInside there was a way of changing the scale, so that you could make the cockpits look bigger.  In native VR, it now feels like I'm sitting in a 2/3 size miniature cockpit.

Thanks for any help,

Neil

Edited by NeilC

beta.gif

You can resize and re-position the windows inside the vr cockpit. 

To resize:  in the VR cockpit; place the mouse dot on the window, press and hold both the keyboard shift and control keys, and,  press and hold the right mouse button; then, move the mouse to resize the window. 

To move the window:  in the VR cockpit: place the mouse dot on the window, press and hold the keyboard shift key and press and hold the the right mouse button; then, move the mouse to re-position the window.

The process is a little cumbersome, but it does work.  The resize and re-position does not remain if you remove the VR headset, nor, can they be saved with the flight or aircraft.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Danny

Danny

Thanks Danny,

I'll give it a go.

I don't suppose you have any idea on how to change the scale of the cockpit?  I feel like I am sitting in a small model plane rather than the flighdeck of my MD80.

Neil

beta.gif

There is no need to resize the cockpit, its exactly what you find in real life, if the cockpit is correctly shaped from the developer.

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

I would recommend trying XP11's VR mode if you have not. Interacting with the aircraft using the Touch Control makes all the difference imho. I also get better performance in VR with XP 11 than with P3D.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I gave X-Plane a go, but just can't get on with it.

I love flying my MD82, and it is so accurately modelled, it is beyond belief.  In comparison the Rotate Sim MD80 is like a toy.  Also, I can't get on with using the touch controllers.  I have a yoke, throttles, pedals etc, and having the touch controller in your hand is daft.  I don't mind using the mouse for unmapped switches.

I just made a successful flight into London City (something unthinkable with FlyInside, as it would CTD every time).  The frames were a bit jerky over london, but at least I competed the flight!

Just wish the cockpit looked a bit larger!

Thanks for all the help

beta.gif

4 hours ago, NeilC said:

I gave X-Plane a go, but just can't get on with it.

I love flying my MD82, and it is so accurately modelled, it is beyond belief.  In comparison the Rotate Sim MD80 is like a toy.  Also, I can't get on with using the touch controllers.  I have a yoke, throttles, pedals etc, and having the touch controller in your hand is daft.  I don't mind using the mouse for unmapped switches.

I just made a successful flight into London City (something unthinkable with FlyInside, as it would CTD every time).  The frames were a bit jerky over london, but at least I competed the flight!

Just wish the cockpit looked a bit larger!

Thanks for all the help

I also have physical controls and I would not give them up to use the touch Throttle/Yoke. I have just set them up in a position that interacting with the switches/knobs is very comfortable! If you every try XP again, I would recommend something like the TBM900, 737 IXEG/ZIBO or even a C172 + Rep. It is really something to write home about...

Good luck with Native VR, regardless of the sim! 🙂

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

10 hours ago, NeilC said:

Some developers must have it wrong. The yoke of my MD80 looks abou 15cm wide!

Thats a high possibility, I guess very few developers had tested or seen their cockpits in VR.

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

On 11/26/2018 at 6:49 PM, Chandler said:

Thats a high possibility, I guess very few developers had tested or seen their cockpits in VR.

that must be true... for example the A2A GA planes look awesome when displayed on a screen but when you use VR you feel like you were sitting 1m away from the panel.. In their warbirds I use Ctrl+<-- to move my viewpoint forward but in the GA fleet that looks weird. 

and now in 4.4 that ugly white cursor dot has grown twice its size.. it's frustrating.

I find that "ugly white cursor dot" can easily be moved out of the way now, with the mouse.  It is way better than it was in 4.3

Bruce Wood