Sign in to follow this  
Falcon317

GTN 750 and Garmin update process

I am new to the GTN 750 and have a basic question about the update process.  I have searched the forum and can't find a direct answer, I apologize if I missed it and am creating duplicate posts.

When I check for updates from inside XPlane 11 via the plugin, does it automatically update both the GTN 750 and the Garmin trainer during the process?

Thanks!

Hi,

when you do 'check updates....' in sim, what does it say? Then does it offer to download something? And if so, what is downloaded and where?

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

14 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi,

when you do 'check updates....' in sim, what does it say? Then does it offer to download something? And if so, what is downloaded and where?

Honestly, I have not tried it yet.  I was looking to understand the process in advance and confirm that both the RealityXP 750 and Garmin Trainer will be updated in the same process.  I am currently running 750 version 2.5.7 and Garmin Trainer 6.50.  Normally, what should happen?

The best answer is: just try it!

It basically sums up to: it tells you whether there is a new version, it should download the updated installer upon confirming, you then manually run the downloaded installer. It is no different than manually downloading the latest e-commerce installer from our website.

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

8 hours ago, RXP said:

The best answer is: just try it!

It basically sums up to: it tells you whether there is a new version, it should download the updated installer upon confirming, you then manually run the downloaded installer. It is no different than manually downloading the latest e-commerce installer from our website.

Okay I will give it a try.  But can you confirm one point please.  When I run the downloaded installer will it also update the Garmin Trainer if needed, as well as the RXP GTN 750, or do I have to update the Garmin Trainer in a separate process?

Thanks!

Hi,

The installer auto-detects both the trainer you've already installed and whether there is a new Garmin trainer available, then it will give your best-advise depending on the situation.

Hi Jean-Luc,

How do I know the version number of both the trainer and the GTN I have installed?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi Alvega,

You might want to just ignore wondering: the installer always installs the latest!

Otherwise, I'd guess running the trainer standalone there must be some sort of "about" with a version number, otherwise, Windows 'uninstall programs' should tell which version is installed.

Our e-commerce installers always show, right below the short description, what their version is and which trainer version they support.

17 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi Alvega,

You might want to just ignore wondering: the installer always installs the latest!

Otherwise, I'd guess running the trainer standalone there must be some sort of "about" with a version number, otherwise, Windows 'uninstall programs' should tell which version is installed.

Our e-commerce installers always show, right below the short description, what their version is and which trainer version they support.

I checked and I have trainer 6.21 and GTN 2.5.2.1. Can I just update the GTN using the X-Plane menu or do I need to update the trainer also?

Thanks.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The GTN plugin is compatible with trainers v6.21, 6.40, 6.40.1, 6.50 and 6.50.1

I'd strongly suggest updating the trainer because of it's additional capabilities, the VNAV mode, the latest DB (airac 1803) among other things. Last but not least, 6.21 and the others afterward install side-by-side, and you can always use our plugin environment variables to override our plugin from using the most recent trainer and use the older 6.21 instead!

1 hour ago, RXP said:

The GTN plugin is compatible with trainers v6.21, 6.40, 6.40.1, 6.50 and 6.50.1

I'd strongly suggest updating the trainer because of it's additional capabilities, the VNAV mode, the latest DB (airac 1803) among other things. Last but not least, 6.21 and the others afterward install side-by-side, and you can always use our plugin environment variables to override our plugin from using the most recent trainer and use the older 6.21 instead!

Thanks Jean-Luc, all updated and working.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Alvega

Hi Everyone, I hope everyone is well.  I am new to this and ask for assistance.  I have c172 with both 750s installed on plane but can't turn on power and no sound.  When I reload plane the engine runs but no sound.  I have ver 2.5.9 installed and when I click update for 2.5.10 I get a file pop up to save it.  I install it but no update?  Help please, Jerome

11 hours ago, jeromep said:

when I click update for 2.5.10 I get a file pop up to save it.  I install it but no update? 

Hi,

Once the file saves to disk, it is a compressed .zip file you'd just have to unzip (double click usually) in order to get both updated e-commerce installers (750/650). You then run the e-commerce installer(s) according to the product you are updating using the 'REINSTALL" method documented in our store FAQ:

http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

How do I reinstall my software