Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

Move sceneries to scenery CFG

Good day I was just wondering if someone can tell me how I can move my greyed out sceneries in my scenery library over to my scenery CFG. Apparently there’s a way to do this and I can’t for the life of me figure it out. Thanks

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, Navigator43 said:

Good day I was just wondering if someone can tell me how I can move my greyed out sceneries in my scenery library over to my scenery CFG. Apparently there’s a way to do this and I can’t for the life of me figure it out. Thanks

Hi,

you can do it manually if you know your way around the XML files and the scenery.cfg. Otherwise use the P4AO tool, it will do that with a couple of mouse clicks.

But - why would you want to do that? If you are using the P4AO you have full control over everything. There is no need to access the in-sim scenery library dialog.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Navigator43 said:

Ok thanks for the info cheers

Allow me just one word of caution: don't move scenery that comes with an installer and/or management tool from add-on.xml to the scenery.cfg (or the other way round). The next update for that addon may recreate the initial config just the way it was, and you have a duplicate. Happens for example with ORBX, should you decide to move all assets to an add-on.xml. The moment you open FTX Central, the entries in the scenery.cfg will be back.

Moving addons from external config to internal or vice versa is only viable for products that you have installed manually - or where you know that there will never be any update.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Allow me just one word of caution: don't move scenery that comes with an installer and/or management tool from add-on.xml to the scenery.cfg (or the other way round). The next update for that addon may recreate the initial config just the way it was, and you have a duplicate. Happens for example with ORBX, should you decide to move all assets to an add-on.xml. The moment you open FTX Central, the entries in the scenery.cfg will be back.

Moving addons from external config to internal or vice versa is only viable for products that you have installed manually - or where you know that there will never be any update.

Best regards

I’m going to leave it alone to complicated for me lol plus I don’t want to mess up my sim

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

What intrigues me with IS WSSS is that the scenery cfg is independent from the the P3D scenery cfg. While it has no affect on the sim, it does so with the Aivlasoft EFB as it sources the airport layout from the P3D scenery cfg. It would nice to be able to move WSSS to P3D scenery cfg but there doesn't seem to much out there unless you're tech savvy. Is there an easy way to do it without screwing with xml?

Cheers Steve 

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam