Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

C310R Redux GTN Screens ?

Hi Folks,

Are these screens normal for the GTN cold and dark setup ? Seems to me they should be black... They power up OK once I start the plane... Just purchased the aircraft so I believe it's up to date... These are the F1 units as configured via the MilViz tool...

124g0w8.png

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

This is normal.  It's not black... it's anti-reflective glass... which has an ever so slight greenish tint.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

FYI, we are no longer providing support for F1 or Navstax OR RealityXP products.  If you (or they) wish to have the "proper" look feel on their products, they can supply the models and paints.  (Navstax does this ... not sure why F1 and RXP do not... sheer laziness is likely)

This doesn't mean that we won't have them in...but it does mean that what you see is what you get.  We won't be doing any changes or mods... and we will not be supporting any of their new products... not until they do their own work.

Edited by Milviz

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, Milviz said:

FYI, we are no longer providing support for F1 or Navstax OR RealityXP products.  If you (or they) wish to have the "proper" look feel on their products, they can supply the models and paints.  (Navstax does this ... not sure why F1 and RXP do not... sheer laziness is likely)

This doesn't mean that we won't have them in...but it does mean that what you see is what you get.  We won't be doing any changes or mods... and we will not be supporting any of their new products... not until they do their own work.

Hi Colin,

Man - just when I was ready to post a complement on your C310R Redux and your decision to incorporate the various gauges via your configuration tool - you have to go and ruin it - instead I have to post this: 

That's really a cheesy response...

You have a beef with other companies that supply products that you utilize in your products (to make your products more marketable) - that you then sell to your customers with the MilViz name on it - but you won't make it right ? This just shows contempt for your customers... You already obtained or created the 3D models to add to the VC (the hard part) - but you won't texture them ? A task that every other company that utilizes them - does - seriously ?

I had planned on picking up the Comanche as well but if this is the attitude of MilViz - I'll pass... Check my numerous posts in this forum - I've been extremely supportive of you and your products over the years...

F1 is off on their own - but - I see RXP posting multiple times every day in our forums - RXP exemplifies the model of what customer service should be - politely helping wherever they can and going the extra mile for their customers - I've noticed...

So my question to you is - have you ever approached F1 and RXP to ask for what you want ???

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

Scott, just to set the record straight, the F1 GTN and GNS gauges do not display the "screen(s)" until they are fully initialized by turning them on. Once initialized, the screens will always display a "black screen" when turned on and off. We are not responsible for "texturing" the screen(s) ourselves, that is F1's responsibility.

If F1 supplied a 'flag' that we could read to know when the units were not yet initialized, we could 'paint the screen(s) black' ourselves. Absent such a 'flag' however, we cannot use this technique. :sad:

The 3d mesh however we do texture properly as that is our responsibility. What Colin was alluding to is that since F1* would like to encourage all dev companies to make provisions for their gauges, it is not at all unreasonable to expect them to provide the 3d mesh and textures as part of their developer's SDK. This would ensure that their units look identically in all developer's released aircraft, thereby allowing for uniform form, fit, function and appearance...

Such is not the case however, so we at Milviz have to muddle along as best we can given the extant situation. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding and will restore your confidence in us.

Nota Bene: Please note that RXP does supply all developers with everything needed, including the 3d mesh, required 'flag' variables, and modeldef.xml scripts.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the detailed explanation - I've enjoyed our conversations through the years and you've always been the perfect gentleman (sorry about your toe)... I understand what you're saying - to a degree - but you have to admit - that screenshot of mine looks pretty bad - and as a cold and dark guy this seriously affects the immersion... I don't have this issue with Flysimware, A2A, Carenado, Alabeo, or Real Air products I own - they've found a solution... The screen in my image is just repeating the texture used on the panel... I know you're a master gauge programmer - but - can't the bezel and screen be painted appropriate colors on the mesh - then when the gauge is "turned on" it's actually in front of the texture and would display normally ? Anyway - I understand it's your companies decision to set policy - I'm certainly not going to argue with anyone - I'm just disappointed a better solution could not be found... Appreciate your time setting the record straight...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

Scott, your suggestion might work as after writing that long post the same idea occurred to me. The 3d mesh and the screen are two entirely separate objects. The "frame and buttons" receive their textures from the aircraft's ..\texture folder. The screen however receives its texture directly from the gauge itself, making it problematic to 'hide' with another polygon using a texture from the ..\texture folder.

I'll pledge to see what will work as I find time to do so.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for your consideration and certainly good enough to me... Have a good day - sir !

:wink:

For those who might not know what I've been celebrating - here - are what GTN's with a grey bezel look like powered off... Although I've only seen the grey bezel in jets - not sure if it's an option on GA aircraft...

4jettech-citationgtn650.jpg?itok=xw0_Nid

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

Nota Bene: Please note that RXP does supply all developers with everything needed, including the 3d mesh, required 'flag' variables, and modeldef.xml scripts.

I thank you very much for your consideration Bill, and I'm looking forward any MilViz aircraft with the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch integration! Just let me know how the best we can further assist you.

• Like 4

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Folks,

Hah - ask and you shall receive - LOL - a willing accomplice... While I do own both F1 and RXP products - I prefer the RXP versions myself...

Appreciate everyone’s interest...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, n4gix said:

Wow! That's great to hear!  Question. For the 310 Redux there appeared to more direct support for GTN for F!.  So based on the report above, why?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for your consideration and certainly good enough to me... Have a good day - sir !

:wink:

For those who might not know what I've been celebrating - here - are what GTN's with a grey bezel look like powered off... Although I've only seen the grey bezel in jets - not sure if it's an option on GA aircraft...

4jettech-citationgtn650.jpg?itok=xw0_Nid

Regards,

Scott

What is that from, Scott?

Disregard. Figured it out!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

13 hours ago, fppilot said:

Wow! That's great to hear!  Question. For the 310 Redux there appeared to more direct support for GTN for F!.  So based on the report above, why?

Hi Frank,

Yep - concur - if RXP already jumped through all the hoops - specified by Colin - and the developer is just waiting to help out - please - by all means - support the company - more and more people seem to be using RXP products from my perspective... While I have both GTN suites (F1 and RXP) - I only own the GNS suite for RXP...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 2