Sign in to follow this  

hi everyone,

since 2 days I try to configure my brand new GF-TQ6. The problem:  fsuipc 5.103 (reg. version) doesn`t recognize the throttle. In the P3Dv4.2 control options I can see the TQ6 and it works, nearly. But not exactly 100%.

Does anyone have any idea?

Dieter

Sorry to hear your having issues. I also have the GF-TQ6 and I have been using it with FSUIPC for several years now. So It does work. I'm currently using P3D V4.3 and FSUIPC 5.41.  

You say that its brand new, its possible you have a defective unit?   I would first make sure you have the USB cable plugged directly into your USB port on the back of your PC, at least for testing. Then see if it shows up in Windows. Under the "setup USB controllers". You should be able to see all buttons and Axis move thought their entire motion. If not, try calibrating it under settings. Try a different USB cable. 

I would imagine that if its not working properly here, in the "Windows USB controllers" area, its not going to work right in FSUIPC or P3D. 

If it does work in the Windows USB controllers area, then the GF-TQ6 should be OK.  Make sure you disable your controllers in P3D settings  if you are using FSUIPC. Its possible their is a conflict between P3D settings and FSUIPC. If you don't, then strange things can start happening. 

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted out.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

hi Rick,

all axis and buttons work properly in the "Windows USB controllers" area, also in the P3D controllerr options.

But not with FSUIPC

Dieter

Sounds like your GF-TQ6 is working properly.  

Things you could try:

1. Disable your controllers in P3D. ( at least temporarily), to make sure their is no conflict. There is a check box there you can check in the P3D settings.

2. Download the latest version of FSUIPC. I think its 5.14 (You indicated above that your using 5.103)

3. Temporarily remove the "FSUIPC5.ini" file (save to another location) in your "Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Modules" folder. and run P3D again to rebuild it. Its possible you have a corrupted fsuipc.ini file. If that doesn't fix it. you can copy your saved .ini file back, so you don't loose any of your existing settings. 

You said you have the regular version of FSUIPC. Do you mean the free non-registered version? If so, you might consider buying the registered version. It will allow you to config your new throttle quadrant differently for different planes. For example, a two engine, or 4 engine plane. Spoilers and flaps, fuel mixtures, etc.   Unfortuntaly, I'm not familiar with the non-registered version and its limitations. 

If the above suggestions don't help, hopefully some else will chime in. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Glad you got it sorted out.

Rick Verhallen