Sign in to follow this  
Chock

FSW Falcon

Departing from France in thundery weather..

FtzxeOt.png

m4pEF79.png

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice aircraft, always loved the Falcon series of jets.  IASCO that used to be in Napa used to fly them there to train pilots for Japan Airlines and other airlines.  Then for economical reasons they moved back to tprops.  I knew one of their flight instructors well, he was a judge at my grammar school science fair and awarded me first place in the eighth grade for my project on the Rogallo vs. the conventional wing.  He was impressed that I made a flyable Rogallo wing glider out of matchsticks that was less than two inches across yet could fly across a classroom from handheld height.  My project went on to win third place in the California State Science fair in San Francisco.  I was offered a free Piper flight by the judge but his schedule sadly did not allow me to take it, and my first general aviation flight was not until four years later out of Napa, with a high school friend who took us on a tour over the North Bay and down over San Francisco's piers, all the while avoiding SFO and Oakland's airspace on a night with a full moon.  It was my first and only night takeoff and landing ever in a GA aircraft.  He turned on the Napa approach lights for 18R by pinging his radio a few times since the tower was unmanned that time of night.

John