Sign in to follow this  
jaybird1nyc

Neat Workaround Found For VFR Flights To Non-Towered Fields

The reason I put Advanced mode in quotes, was that you just have to go off script. Switch to the local FSS, or Utopia Radio 122.2 if the local frequency doesn’t work. It’s “Advanced” because you won’t have prompts, but if you can remember what to say, you can close your flight plan. 

Oh, lol, I thought you meant to actually enter expert mode...DUH.  Maybe we should call it Mad_Mac Mode 😁

I also noticed that the '0. Report clear of runway' prompt won't go away.

I'm gonna try that tip next time, if I can actually remember to close my flight plan that is 🤔

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

I remenber..because I meet it again...

.I hav'nt the same bug...

"My" bug is  that voxatc display "complete setup..." if I 'm in a non towered airport...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

On 11/29/2018 at 10:11 PM, jaybird1nyc said:

I use ADE all the time, but by just adding a tower frequency all you are doing is converting a non-towered airport into a towered airport (as far as VoxATC is concerned).  Kind of ruins any sense of realism of flying into an uncontrolled field.

Thanks Kevin, maybe it'll get fixed in the next release.  I did report this to Tegwyn 2 years ago...

I thought about this !

But in a non towered airfiled, nobody will answer to you except other pilots in the real life, if presents, but not in voxatc.  So, you can say the items of the pattern, without any help from voxatc. Why would you that voxatc prompt those message for you ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

Yeah I thought about this too and just assumed that people were expecting a prompt not from ATC but out of convenience. But VOXATC 7 does reproduce real world behavior at a nontowered airport.

sure and it would be amazing if there was a prompt and the message did something on trafic...

by the way, when I'm on a non towered airfield, voxatc prompt  completing setup all the time. I can wait a long time, it does'nt change... What  can I  do ?

Now when I contact unicom it says unable at this time...

For instance :

Cholet unicom Foxtrot golf alpha x tray zulu 

cholet unicom unable at this time

no ideas ? 😪

6 hours ago, supersym said:

Now when I contact unicom it says unable at this time...

For instance :

Cholet unicom Foxtrot golf alpha x tray zulu 

cholet unicom unable at this time

What are you asking Unicom? If you request landing, for example, Unicom is not a tower, and literally is unable to provide clearance. In the real world, this is an unusual request, but in VoxATC you can request Airport information. The only reason for contacting them at all is to “wake up” the airport, which will then populate with AI traffic, and you can try to fit yourself into the pattern, by listening to their radio calls and figuring out where they are, just like you would in the real world. By the way, If you use this approach, you will not receive any prompts other than to tune back to the last frequency you were talking to, but you can self announce your position and your landing intentions. If you really do need airport information, you can tune to the nearest AWOS, ASOS, or ATIS. Just curious, when Unicom responds, “Unable at this time” does AI traffic appear?

If if you are requesting RNAV approach, you should be talking to Approach, not Unicom, and you need to be flying under an IFR flight plan. 

make sense...

traffic appears before I ask unicom.