Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

GSX Question

Isn't there a function of GSX that allows you to hit "start" and all of the fueling, boarding, catering, etc. will happen automatically without having to request each individual thing to start? I know I would have to open the doors and whatnot but I thought there was some sort of automated setting. I am on the version of GSX that doesn't have the people simulated, but am on the latest update (meaning I am up to date with the software but didn't buy the new features).  I thought I read on the latest update you have this as an option but when pulling up the menu I didn't see it.  Is this something that can happen or did I misunderstand something?  For what it is worth, I am using the FSLabs 319 if the a/c makes a difference.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

4 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Isn't there a function of GSX that allows you to hit "start" and all of the fueling, boarding, catering, etc. will happen automatically without having to request each individual thing to start? I know I would have to open the doors and whatnot but I thought there was some sort of automated setting. I am on the version of GSX that doesn't have the people simulated, but am on the latest update (meaning I am up to date with the software but didn't buy the new features).  I thought I read on the latest update you have this as an option but when pulling up the menu I didn't see it.  Is this something that can happen or did I misunderstand something?  For what it is worth, I am using the FSLabs 319 if the a/c makes a difference.  

No, there isn't. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Zimmerbz said:

Very good question, because I too like you use the original GSX, and like you is bang up-to-date, but for some strange reason has no idea that the PMDG 747-400Fv3 has no RH Fwd door, unlike the pax version of the 747-400v3to enable catering and it's stupid 'waiting for .........' messages flag up. So annoying.

Using FSX (shhh) and GSX2 with the FSL bus; all the sundry door opening / closing is handled very nicely by GSX. There are a number of bugs to be squashed (for sure), such as crew / pax walking through closed entries and fuel trucks folding on themsleves when refueling and loaders driving through the fuselage (probably AFCAD issues in that particular one) but overall it's nice not having to bother about the doors and cargo holds.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

So there is an option to do this?  Do I need to buy GSX2?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

50 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Isn't there a function of GSX that allows you to hit "start" and all of the fueling, boarding, catering, etc. will happen automatically without having to request each individual thing to start?

Yes, it is called the Autopilot mode. Here's the quote from FSDT:
'In Autopilot mode, GSX can be set to perform all Boarding/Deboarding services automatically, without user intervention. See the "Assistance Services Auto Mode" option in the Simulation Settings'

It’s in the latest update to GSX - you don’t need GSX2. The option to enable this is in Settings. It’s a tick box at the bottom of the page. (Sorry - bit vague, not near my pc right now). Once ticked in Settings it appears as one of the options on the GSX on-screen menu. 

• Like 1

Best regards

Rupert

To enable the Auto mode in GSX, you use the GSX Settings menu, under the Simulation tab. But, nothing else will change in the menu.

If it's enabled in the settings, it will be triggered by calling Boarding, which will automatically call baggage loaders, load passegers, call Refueling and Catering. If you start from Deboarding, it will do the same, but it will still your responsibility to start Boarding, which will then proceed automatically as above.

Airplane doors will never controlled by GSX (but 3rd party airplanes can interface with it to do door handling), but you can also choose to ignore all doors in Auto mode, which might be useful if you are busy in the cockpit and don't mind having crew possibly passing through the airplane bulkheads if you don't remember to open the doors, but GSX won't nag you in this case if they are not.

42 minutes ago, virtuali said:

you can also choose to ignore all doors in Auto mode, which might be useful if you are busy in the cockpit and don't mind having crew possibly passing through the airplane bulkheads if you don't remember to open the doors

Choosing doors without open/close checks is what I've always been doing in GSX. 🙂
I keep all doors open until the whole boarding ends.

Is anyone using this "auto mode" with the Linda GSX script for opening/closing doors .....in some aircraft.

Sounds great if successful ..... though my "requests" via MCE voxscript work fluently though not completely "auto".

for now, cheers

john martin