How NOT to spend a lovely Sunday...

Ouch, so how are you gonna work the rudder? 😉

Heal up soon.

Cheers, Rob.

5 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Ouch, so how are you gonna work the rudder? 😉

Heal up soon.

Cheers, Rob.

Oddly enough I don't have all that much pain now. That may just be the hydrocodone though... :) Luckily I don't type with my toes, so I'm able to continue with modeling and forum diving! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 hours ago, fppilot said:

I wear slippers or house shoes now around the house.

My regular podiatrist is going to give me a well-deserved dressing down for not wearing the orthopedic shoes he prescribed for me. He'll probably say "don't take off those shoes until you are going to bed and in the bedroom!" These shoes have a very hard toe section, almost as hard as steel toed construction worker's boots!

Fr. Bill    

13 hours ago, Chuck_Jodry-VJPL said:

So few survive Organ Failure with that degree of equanimity.

Thanks! I needed a good laugh right now. I'm going to recommend that you be given the (new) position of "Forum Jester"... :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

7 minutes ago, n4gix said:

My regular podiatrist is going to give me a well-deserved dressing down for not wearing the orthopedic shoes he prescribed for me. He'll probably say "don't take off those shoes until you are going to bed and in the bedroom!" These shoes have a very hard toe section, almost as hard as steel toed construction worker's boots!

Still, as I learned, that accident would only have happened to you once....  Lesson learned.  Reduce tension on rudder pedals! Heal fast!  And remember next time you are going to have a blood loss mishap to back off the aspirin therapy a few days in advance!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Pssst!  Hey buddy - wanna sell some happy pills??????

:biggrin:

Glad you're feeling better Bill.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for the Dorian Toccata and Fugue in D minor.  Very beautiful rendition, especially for someone with two left hands and a stubbed pinky toe!:happy:  Bet you still play just as well🍺

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

53 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Thanks for the Dorian Toccata and Fugue in D minor.  Very beautiful rendition, especially for someone with two left hands and a stubbed pinky toe!:happy:  Bet you still play just as well🍺

Thanks for the compliments. You must have gotten the link from SOH then. Here it is for anyone else who may be interested:

If you like Bach, here is me playing the Dorian Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 538
Warning: very loud, so lower your volume.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6c1ft2fnh...20538.mp3?dl=0

After the accident with the right hand, it was in fact an episode of "Mash" that gave me the encouragement to pick up practice again. There was a soldier who'd lost his entire right arm.  Dr. Charles Emerson Winchester III, upon learning that he had been a concert pianist, encouraged him to retrain his left hand to be dominant, by having his sister Honoria send him some sheet music that had been scored for the left hand alone.

When I realized that this episode was based on a true event, I thought to myself that if this young man could retrain his hand, there was no rational reason to suppose that I couldn't do the same! Over the years though, as my right hand began to recover through continued therapy, I have been able to retrain my right hand to be dominant once more.

Until my left pinkie is healed up though, I cannot wear my left organ shoe, so I'm limited in use of the pedalboard during my daily practice... :tongue:

Here is today's only living one-handed concert pianist playing an arrangement by Godowski: Etude Op.25 no.12 'Ocean' Chopin

Fr. Bill    

Hoping your pinky is back to using its previous ninja-like motor skills for your toe brake rudder work soon. Like others here been there almost done that....45 degrees not 90...thats something you DON'T want to see....hope your toe care is better than my infinitely stupid care...have on multiple occasions broken toes...hobbled around for days then preceded to whack them out of joint again before they healed on the SAME piece of furniture even AFTER it was moved to a safer place...nylon socks also send shivers up my spine,,

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

(I)...have on multiple occasions broken toes...hobbled around for days then preceded to whack them out of joint again before they healed on the SAME piece of furniture even AFTER it was moved to a safer place...nylon socks also send shivers up my spine,,

Ouch! Well, since I have to wear a "shoe" that is designed to protect one who's injured a toe, I don't have any problems with the rudder pedals and toe brakes. I just flew a circuit in one of my two latest project assignments without any problems at all!

Unfortunately, the rubber sole is not suitable for using the pedal board of an organ. My organist shoes have smooth leather soles, which aren't suitable for safe walking!

Fr. Bill    

Sounds painful! Get well soon!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5