Sign in to follow this  
Heron1B

No Sid and Stars Setup Wizard in version 7.42?

Hi Guys,

Been searching for the Setup Wizard in version 7.42 or is it hidden away? ( reference to it appears in the manual still)

I have VoxATC installed in C:\Program Files by default maybe I should do a fresh install to C:\Program Files (x86)?

If I go to Start\ All Programs\ VoxATC P3D 4 I find the file is "Empty" , was hoping it would have the Wizard there.

During installation I used the VoxATC P3D 4 Windows Installer not the Application Set Up, does that make any difference?

My system Windows7 64bit, P3D v4.3 with Prosim737 v2.11

Rgds

Deefa

Same problem for me, did you find a way around it ?.

I have searched everywhere for the wizard no luck and no info available on the net that I can find.

Regards

Techno

Edited by Techno

On 11/26/2018 at 3:47 AM, Heron1B said:

Been searching for the Setup Wizard in version 7.42 or is it hidden away? ( reference to it appears in the manual still)

I don't believe that the SID/STAR Setup Wizard is included in VOXATC 7. I'm guessing that its absence is due to the fact that SIDs and STARs can be added by 3 alternate approaches (no pun intended):

1. SIDs and STARs for specific airports can be updated with Airport Design Editor. 
  2. The VOXATC user manual recommends obtaining SIDs and STARs for the most recent AIRAC via a Navigraph purchase:

VoxATC can use NavData from Navigraph (www.navigraph.com) . The LevelD 767 FMS is the specific format that is required. If you already have the LevelD 767 installed, then you can proceed directly to the next section, Setting Up.
If not, you will need to download the LevelD 767 FMS data from the site above (an account is required to do this).

VOXATC manual, p 58

3. The entire P3d4 navigation database can be updated to the most recent AIRAC with an additional subscription to fsaerodata.

We may see the SID/STAR Setup Wizard return in a future update to VOXATC, but I tend to doubt it, as there are alternatives that many P3d4 IFR pilots already use. Also, some of the utilities like the Procedure Pronunciation Editor do not work correctly when run under some of the most recent releases of Windows 10, although the utility's XML data file can still be edited manually if needed.