If the monitor supports say 60Hz, since that is >30Hz (and 30 is a division of 60) then in general you can expect to be able to set it in the GPU profile to 30 - that might not be straightforward with those settings in there. Problem is the monitor has a setup menu maybe but usually has no switch there to drop to 30. Simply contact a supplier or maybe you can find a pdf of the manual with google. 30 on the desktop is a bit slow with the mouse so monitors generally don't bother.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

On 11/26/2018 at 12:59 PM, ckyliu said:

I have an AOC Q2778VQE panel which gets good reviews for its brightness, motion and sRGB colour output (although input lag is criticised) and and I'm very happy with it, but sadly this doesn't support 30 Hz.

Just a side question... you mentioned "input lag" with your monitor. Does this have any noticeable effect in P3D?

Not at all, only really relevant for first person shooter games!

In addition to the AOC Q2778VQ (which is a 27" 1440p TN panel, 350 cd/m2 luminance so it can overcome glare), I also looked at two other budget monitors, the BenQ GL2760H (also 27" TN but only 1080p and thus quite a bit cheaper but I think above 24" you really need 1440p) and the BenQ EW3270ZL (this is 32" VA at 1440p, anything bigger I'd go 4K), all three support 99%+ Adobe sRGB colours, however none support 30 Hz vertical refresh to my knowledge.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Don't know how this turned out. I'm seeing quite a few good write-ups for the iiyamas, there's 144Hz models and 1440 in 25 and 27 inch and not too expensive. They mostly do freesync so they would likely have plenty of options.

A monitor with only a natural response of 30Hz is considered undesirable - OK for TV.

• Like 1

Freesync Is aligned with the AMD cards so that's a consideration there. Even so as general purpose and on a tight budget they seem to be good enough.

I went and negotiated a deal on an ex display 4k tv at richer sounds.  Cost under £300 and got me 50" of display operating at 25/30/50/60 Hz refresh - perfect for P3D

Is it the best panel ever? no, of course not, but not seen anything since that is better in terms of price/performance..

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I bought a Samsung NU6950 43" 4k TV at Costco for $279.99 and it runs both 60 and 30 Hz and Megascenery is spectacular at 4k. And yes, there is a CPU hit since the processor needs to pump 4 times the pixel count over 1080p.

Happy Holidays!

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

29 minutes ago, pgde said:

I bought a Samsung NU6950 43" 4k TV at Costco for $279.99 and it runs both 60 and 30 Hz and Megascenery is spectacular at 4k. And yes, there is a CPU hit since the processor needs to pump 4 times the pixel count over 1080p.

Happy Holidays!

P.

P, (no name??),

I get no fps hit with the same card. Sounds like you need to change your CPU as it's not allowing you to enjoy the full power of the 1080Ti. Actually, it's the GPU that does that work, not the CPU.

Try lowering the settings that depend on the CPU and increase those that rely on the GPU.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather