Sign in to follow this  
sem

Customizing UTLive

Is there a way i can remove certain aircraft from UTLive? for example: there are still fokker 70's flying around at EHAM wich have long been out of service. and most of the aircraft still have their old liveries is there any way i can maybe replace those models with other ones or remove them all together?

My sim is P3DV4 btw

Edited by sem
(i didnt say what my sim was)

9 minutes ago, sem said:

Is there a way i can remove certain aircraft from UTLive? for example: there are still fokker 70's flying around at EHAM wich have long been out of service. and most of the aircraft still have their old liveries is there any way i can maybe replace those models with other ones or remove them all together?

My sim is P3DV4 btw

This could be interesting:

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, sem said:

Yes. http://utlive.flight1.net/utLive_UserGuide.pdf

Edited by BillS511

There also are a number of posts about this in their Support Forum (here).

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

If you read the UTL documentation and are still unsure about the procedure to change aircraft and repaints -- I'd suggest you download the Fedex/UPS UTL schedules and liveries here in the AVSIM Library, by David Blitch.    In that package David gives nice detailed instructions -- *with pictures* -- about how to manipulate UTL to get it to accept changing aircraft and repaints (and schedules, too).

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The UTL gui is also pretty basic to figure out, just put some time into it.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I found that changing what's there is very easy. it's also quite easy adding in new schedules. However, UTL has some deeper issues with wrong or missing ICAOP codes that I don't think we, the users, can circumvent or fix. I've also been wondering if we can replace existing schedules with new ones? I know you can make an addon schedule and load it into the sim - I've done this for several airlines. However, can you load an addon schedule for an airline that already has a schedule? Will the addon schedule override the default one? In addition, I've never been able to completely unassign a livery to a model. Is there a way to do that, or will you have to select one of those Daedalus paints instead?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 11/26/2018 at 3:11 PM, officercrockey said:

Yes you can. You can replace the Fokkers with (for example) E195 or whatever you want. It is quite easy and you just have to go into the Control Panel (Configuration).

Is there any way i can add new aircraft? UTLive doesnt seem to have the new american 737 livery or the new jet blue ones

57 minutes ago, sem said:

Is there any way i can add new aircraft? UTLive doesnt seem to have the new american 737 livery or the new jet blue ones

Since it appears you are new to this I'll get you started.

For good Boeing, Airbus models go here: http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/

For American liveries using FAIB models search the Avsim libraries for repaints. Start here: https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=FAIB+american&CatID=root&Go=Search

For Jet Blue repaints: http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/?cat=37

Another great source of everything AI including updated models for P3Dv4: https://www.alpha-india.net/

When it comes to adding aircraft models and repaints you'll have to search the internet. There are plenty of AI repainters out there.
It will take some time and patience on your part.

Good Luck!

Edited by BillS511
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

Since it appears you are new to this I'll get you started.

For good Boeing, Airbus models go here: http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/

For American liveries using FAIB models search the Avsim libraries for repaints. Start here: https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=FAIB+american&CatID=root&Go=Search

For Jet Blue repaints: http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/?cat=37

Another great source of everything AI including updated models for P3Dv4: https://www.alpha-india.net/

When it comes to adding aircraft models and repaints you'll have to search the internet. There are plenty of AI repainters out there.
It will take some time and patience on your part.

Good Luck!

Thanks, ill try my best

4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I found that changing what's there is very easy. it's also quite easy adding in new schedules. However, UTL has some deeper issues with wrong or missing ICAOP codes that I don't think we, the users, can circumvent or fix. I've also been wondering if we can replace existing schedules with new ones? I know you can make an addon schedule and load it into the sim - I've done this for several airlines. However, can you load an addon schedule for an airline that already has a schedule? Will the addon schedule override the default one? In addition, I've never been able to completely unassign a livery to a model. Is there a way to do that, or will you have to select one of those Daedalus paints instead?

Yes you can get rid of the Daedalus paints.  Two posts up from yours I mentioned the David Blitch UPS/Fedex download, which explains the finicky UTL repaint assignment procedure.  Yes, it is finicky, in my opinion -- and explains why you mention having trouble unassigning a livery.  David's good pdf explains how to unassign/reassign a livery in such a way that it actually sticks and works.  I had trouble doing that before using his procedure.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Yes you can get rid of the Daedalus paints.  Two posts up from yours I mentioned the David Blitch UPS/Fedex download, which explains the finicky UTL repaint assignment procedure.  Yes, it is finicky, in my opinion -- and explains why you mention having trouble unassigning a livery.  David's good pdf explains how to unassign/reassign a livery in such a way that it actually sticks and works.  I had trouble doing that before using his procedure.

Thanks, but I may have not been very clear. I understand how to reassign liveries and have done so for hundreds of assignments (indeed thanks to those wonderful guides!). What I wonder is whether a type can be unassigned completely, so that it has nonlivery assignment of any kind (no Daedalus or any other paint)?

I’m more curious about replacing schedules though. I’ve read on the UTL forum that somebody tried toeeplace a schedule by making a new add on schedule for that airline. However it doesn’t seem like it worked out... wondering if anybody here has managed?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I've added around 160 schedules to UTL, all you have to do is use a "fake ICAO"-code (for example: DLHX instead of DLH for Lufthansa) in the UTL_FP tool if there is already an entry for this airline in the stock UTL database.

This fake code does only affect UTL's own traffic board, nothing else, the callout of ATC etc. are still correct.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Thanks for the post, and confirming what I was afraid of. I have done a few schedules that way, but was hoping we can somehow totally replace the original schedule.

I take it that you assign Daedalus paints to the 'old' schedule?

Benjamin van Soldt