Sign in to follow this  
BuddyDog

New P3D v4 install and PMDG AIRAC update issue

I purchased a 1TB M.2 drive to add to my computer.  I uninstalled P3D v4, the PMDG aircraft, the scenery files, etc.

I next did a full install of P3D v4 on my "new" drive (drive D) and kept the OS on drive C.  I installed the PMDG NGX and 777 to P3D and see it on the new D drive, but I also see the PMDG file on my C drive under Prepar3D and PMDG is the only entry under that folder.

I also have the same folder on the new D drive in P3D.

I tried to update the nav data using Navigraph FMS Data manager, but the aircraft is still stuck on the 2011 AIRAC.

Do I delete the PMDG entry on the C drive or is that where I point Navigraph?

Thanks 

Stephen Forsgren

Thanks, Kevin.  I did set the path to there in Navigraph FMS manager.  Crossing my fingers to see if that fixes it.

Stephen Forsgren

One recommendation is that after you uninstall everything go into your c drive and manually delete the remaining folders. This is necessary sometimes.

Fixed it.  I had to go to the settings menu in Navigraph and change the folder from C:  Prepar3D to D: Prepar3D. 

Stephen Forsgren

I have just P3Dv4.3 (no other sim) in E drive and Navigraph in C drive (as default installation).

Previously I had both FSX & P3Dv4.3 + Navigraph in E drive and there was a Navdata folder which doesn't exist anymore. Should it exist?

Undefault installation would create a Navdata folder?

Tks

Edited by cirurgiao
clarifying doubts

5 hours ago, cirurgiao said:

I have just P3Dv4.3 (no other sim) in E drive and Navigraph in C drive (as default installation).

Previously I had both FSX & P3Dv4.3 + Navigraph in E drive and there was a Navdata folder which doesn't exist anymore. Should it exist?

Undefault installation would create a Navdata folder?

Tks

You may have the Navigraph FMS Data Manager installed on C in the programs folder, but the navdata files used by PMDG must be in the <sim>\PMDG\Navdata and <sim>\PMDG\SIDSTARS folders.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have a P3Dv4/PMDG/NavData & SIDSTARS folders:

inside NavData there are these files: airports.dat + Airports + ARPT_RWY.dat + cycle_info + fmc_ident + wpNavAID + wpNavAPT + wpNavFIX + wpNavRTE. Is it the correct config?

and Tks

Hi Eduardo,

That is what I have too. Seems fine. If you read cycle_info, what is the date range it indicates?

Valid (from/to): 06/DEC/2018 - 02/JAN/2019

This is the latest one I downloaded today.

Miquel,

Are you sure you started the scenario with today's date? I just loaded in the 744 and checked, but I don't get the "out of date" message when loading in current date and time.

https://imgur.com/a/J0bIsmI

Thanks, i 'll try later.

My default flight is current time, but will check.

Best.

Miquel Egea.