Sign in to follow this  
Barry Wells

GTX1060 Help needed

Hi, can anyone suggest what might be going on with my GPU?

I have a GTX1060 that until tonight has been functioning just fine. Now when I run P3Dv4 with even the most basic scenery and the R22 the GPU utilization jumps immediately to 100% and stays there. Yesterday was fine nothing new installed but today its jerky and unflyable. I have deleted the shaders directory and prepar3d.cfg and rebooted but no change. My current Nvidia driver is 23.21.13.9065 which I  didn't want to get into messing with at this stage.

Can anyone suggest what to try next?

Edited by Barry Wells
Premature post

13 minutes ago, Barry Wells said:

Hi, can anyone suggest what might be going on with my GPU's.

Starting and running P3D the sim defaults to my GTX1060 (GPU1) and runs just fine. If I leave it to itself while I grab something to eat for an hour, when I come back I find it is very jerky. Task Manager now shows my Intel GPU 0 is taking the brunt of the load at about 90% and my GTX1060 is just ticking over at about 20% load.

DISREGARD I AM POSTING A NEW REQUEST FOR HELP ----- HOPEFULLY

I always disable the CPU intel video card in the bios, it ensures the OS only use the correct GPU and also save a couple of Celsius degrees on the CPU while Over Clocking.

Regards 

Simbol 

Thanks for the prompt reply Simbol but my problem has changed  somewhat so I have posted a new request.

However your suggestion is something I will adopt once I have things running normally again.

Regards,

Barry

• Like 1

Fixed by a backup copy I had saved of Prepar3d.cfg.  😊

No idea what setting or settings were to blame. When I have time I will work through the good and the bad and try to find out the cause!! 😐

Barry - look for a program called WinMerge - it's freeware.  Rename the currently restored p3d.cfg and let p3d build a new one. Run p3d to see if he problem is back.  

Then - use winmerge to compare both cfg's - should give you a good idea what is causing the issue.

Switch back to the working one when done.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors