Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Flying Tigers over San Fran

Still painting this girl, but thought she needed a flight (ok...I really wanted to fly her, hehe)

Climbing out, the Golden Gate peaking through the clouds
YZ19C8.jpg

In the climb....over 10,000 and climbing to cruise

qTi8ZK.jpg

Letting down into Anchorage...flaps coming down and nice puffy clouds to ride through....
8wXdNs.jpg

At the Cargo depot....DHL getting loaded next to me as I crack open the nose door for unloading.
OPSdpf.jpg

Not sure when she'll be done as there is a lot of metal and detail work to do...but she just so looks nice in flight as she is I had to take her on a trip.  I know...."Spend more time painting and less time flying Steve"...Hehe....I used to do that, trying to balance my flying/painting time now.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice!

More than just DHL. Polar > Polar Tiger 🙂

Edited by thibodba57

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

13 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Nice!

More than just DHL. Polar > Polar Tiger 🙂

Thanks Brian...

Yeah in fact I'm painting N806FT...she wore many dresses in her life....she was even a Polar Bear! LoL

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79691705@N05/15018000245

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, John F said:

Great work! Metal doesn't get any better than this.

John

Thanks John!

Actually, this is my best metal work:

usNsYF.jpg

asWkvY.jpg

Hopefully when I get done with the Queen, all her alpha layer work, she'll look as good as this MadDog.

There is so much work that goes into painting metal.  Being a bare metal fan, the effort is worth it for me. 🙂 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,

Fantastic work - got hooked on the Flying Tigers livery back on Paul Golding's 727 - flew that one a great deal... You're certainly a master of metal... Psst - weren't you "retired" ? Just when you thought you were out... LOL...

And Eastern too - WOW - another favorite - MadDog X ? Hmm - I don't do commercial air often - but when I do that MD80 would be right up my alley - hmm - maybe Santa will knock a few bucks off it this season ? It's been on my list for a while...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Very Talented,Well Done Steve

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks guys!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

My father flew the 747-200f for Flying Tigers, before he retired in the 80's. I am anxiously awaiting your finished livery. I am flying the pmdg Polar Tiger fictional version 8f in p3dv4 and not liking the livery too much but I love that it has Tiger in the call sign. Your pictures are amazing. I am glad you are doing this. I was going to try, but you are right, there is a ton of work involved and my Photoshop "skills" are severely lacking. Thank you. I very much miss him and flying an aircraft that kinda looks like his 747 is my way of remembering him. He said a few times to me that he never worked a day in his life. Dad flew west last year. 

As someone who grew up in Anchorage I can remember seeing these flying tigers all the time. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Great work as always Steve!

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:08 PM, scottb613 said:

- got hooked on the Flying Tigers livery back on Paul Golding's 727 - flew that one a great deal... 

Must admit, it was one my favourites too.  I'm tempted to get the Maddog X as well.

• Like 1

Cheers

Paul Golding

Hi Folks,

Just for old times sake - a blast from the past... I think that's what I liked about the 727 - when dirty - there's just so much junk hanging off those wings - it's like they strapped every piece of scrap metal they could find on the factory floor - to them... Not too shabby for FS9...

727-2005-dec-27-003.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 12/14/2018 at 8:32 AM, scottb613 said:

Just for old times sake - a blast from the past... I think that's what I liked about the 727 - when dirty - there's just so much junk hanging off those wings - it's like they strapped every piece of scrap metal they could find on the factory floor - to them... Not too shabby for FS9...

Yeah Scott...loved the fowler flaps on the 27 and 47.  Sad to see them go in the -8 version of the Queen...but she's still a Queen. 🙂

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 12/14/2018 at 7:32 AM, Paul Golding said:

Must admit, it was one my favourites too.

Hehe...I can't imagine why Paul. 🙂

The Maddog is getting better and better each update, and appears it will be the 1st to market with a PBR model with the next update..

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg