Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

FSElite Exclusive: P3D v4.4 Releasing November 28th

12 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I've had a look at the (long) list but found nothing that would make me get goosebumps. 

Not sure if I understand PBR properly (and may be interpreting this wrongly) but wouldn't the thought of better lighting be worth it?

• Like 1

Mario Di Lauro

Still waiting for the removal of AA from clouds...😐

Cheers,

Mark

Unless you can come up with a seriously compelling reason not to... I would strongly recommend you do a full reinstall with v4.4.  Just my $0.02.

If you only update the client, you won't see anything PBR unless you get a 3rd party addon that uses PBR (all the PBR changes are in content, etc).  It's not JUST code.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I don’t mean to be a downer, but it’s been several versions since a number of users starting seeing autogen squares loading in really late on approach, even with otherwise reasonable settings and hardware. I guess we’ll have to put that one in the “never going to be fixed” category. 🙁

Sadly, slightly shinier aircraft skin is just not going to make up for the immersion lost by that bug...

James

• Upvote 1

So, how does the implementation of PBR affect add-ons? I use third-party add-ons for pretty much everything (PMDG, FlyTampa/Flightbeam, GSX, etc) do I need to wait for them to push PBR-compliant updates before I install 4.4, or will they just operate normally?

5 minutes ago, WarpD said:

Unless you can come up with a seriously compelling reason not to... I would strongly recommend you do a full reinstall with v4.4.  Just my $0.02.

If you only update the client, you won't see anything PBR unless you get a 3rd party addon that uses PBR (all the PBR changes are in content, etc).  It's not JUST code.

really? So are you saying that all of the ORBX autogen and that kind of thing wont be PBR unless I do a total reinstall?

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hmmm ... interesting, exclusive?  So I guess the cats out of the NDA bag?

I'm going to recommend a wipe and full re-install, BUT that's NOT required.  No harm is doing just the client update and see what happens ... it's easy, if you do run into problems the full re-install might be beneficial.

3rd party shader products will obviously need updates due to PBR rendering

If you have the VRAM and processing power you can run PR (photoreal) at 512 or 1024 (TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP value will be used for PR as well as LC, don't need to set this value if you're fine with 512) and this will work on existing PR products "as is" ... the difference is rather dramatic, no more blurries IF you have the computing power.

PBR will require 3rd party to produce PBR aircraft/objects/buildings/vehicles/etc. old legacy models still work but obviously will not look as good as a PBR implementation ... hopefully over time vendors will produce PBR models and drop legacy FSX.

TFR can be set to 120

Airports/Objects textures no longer "unload" and "load" within specified distance (this can be expanded on even further via manual .cfg editing) if one has the processing power and VRAM and you can also increase texture memory allocation which will help keep textures around longer.

I'd highly recommend updating to this version as it brings a visual feast and some slight performance improvements when comparing apples to apples.

Hopefully I'm not in violation of NDA or exclusive information as this info is now already available.

Cheers, Rob.

I know I will be doing a clean install on first day - I have a complete handle on my addons like a pro (I hope I can show you all an amazing howto on the art of P3D installs....lol).

For simmers with many addons, please plan your backups and what not, that way you are not stressed. 

I am going to stress this point -  keep your full p3d 4.3 installer files as backup-ed for now.  If things break, you can always go back to 4.3 for the time being and try again to 4.4 later.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Hmmm ... interesting, exclusive?  So I guess the cats out of the NDA bag?

I'm going to recommend a wipe and full re-install, BUT that's NOT required.  No harm is doing just the client update and see what happens ... it's easy, if you do run into problems the full re-install might be beneficial.

3rd party shader products will obviously need updates due to PBR rendering

If you have the VRAM and processing power you can run PR (photoreal) at 512 or 1024 (TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP value will be used for PR as well as LC, don't need to set this value if you're fine with 512) and this will work on existing PR products "as is" ... the difference is rather dramatic, no more blurries IF you have the computing power.

PBR will require 3rd party to produce PBR aircraft/objects/buildings/vehicles/etc. old legacy models still work but obviously will not look as good as a PBR implementation ... hopefully over time vendors will product PBR models and drop legacy FSX.

TFR can be set to 120

Airports/Objects textures no longer "unload" and "load" within specified distance (this can be expanded on even further via manual .cfg editing) if one has the processing power and VRAM and you can also increase texture memory allocation which will help keep textures around longer.

I'd highly recommend updating to this version as it brings a visual feast and some slight performance improvements when comparing apples to apples.

Hopefully I'm not in violation of NDA or exclusive information as this info is now already available.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob.

You have made my day . Finally PR scenery will be looking better now 😎

TFR 120 ? Wow, curious who will run P3Dv4 locked at 120 ... 🤑

regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

31 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So are you saying that all of the ORBX autogen and that kind of thing wont be PBR unless I do a total reinstall?

PBR is a combination of code changes to how light is presented and texture changes to objects that need to work with the new light model, it is NOT one or the other, to see PBR working correctly requires both (same with XP11 when they moved to PBR, models needed to be updated to enjoy the benefits of PBR).  But old legacy non-PBR objects, aircraft, building etc. will still work "as is" just don't look as good.  I have no idea if Orbx plan to release PBR variants of their objects (AG or other wise) ... I hope so, would be very nice if they did but that's many thousands (tens of thousands) or more of objects that would need to be updated.

Cheers, Rob.

6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Thanks Rob.

You have made my day . Finally PR scenery will be looking better now 😎

TFR 120 ? Wow, curious who will run P3Dv4 locked at 120 ... 🤑

regards, Gerard

Lol...I just got the 30hz and 30fps tip working fine like butter.  Lol

This is an exciting week for me.  Porsche is going to release the new 911 (992 design) tomorrow in LA and P3D4.4 on Wednesday.  Amazing week!!!!!

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

TFR 120 ? Wow, curious who will run P3Dv4 locked at 120

Probably the VR users?  Or maybe that pan-dimensional computer "Deep Thought"? 😉

Cheers, Rob.

16 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Airports/Objects textures no longer "unload" and "load" within specified distance

Will this influence the infamous cloud shadow bug?

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Will this influence the infamous cloud shadow bug?

No, that's a projection accuracy issue that can be solved but at the cost of significant reduction in FPS ... so in other words is a performance compromise we'll have to live with for now.

Cheers, Rob.