Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

FSElite Exclusive: P3D v4.4 Releasing November 28th

Just now, Rob Ainscough said:

No, that's a projection accuracy issue that can be solved but at the cost of significant reduction in FPS ... so in other words is a performance compromise we'll have to live with for now.

Cheers, Rob.

How is the 3d rendering performance in this 4.4 vs 4.3  I am really hoping that I will get to see some improvement in the graphics engine

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

So will P3D (FSDT PMDG FSL etc) look like word not allowed if the textures aren't coverted to PBR? 

I mean I have so many addons and I highly doubt all of the Devs will convert everything. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

So, LM definitely thinks that it's a "projection accuracy issue"? That's been my take on it (see my recent post in the cloud shadows thread), but I was hoping against hope that the texture load/unload code might be a source of the issue. Too bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So will P3D (FSDT PMDG FSL etc) look like word not allowed if the textures aren't coverted to PBR? 

I mean I have so many addons and I highly doubt all of the Devs will convert everything. 

I doubt about 95% of the time I will never be able to tell the difference if PBR is on or off.  Especially if you are in VR, it is hard to tell with Oculus CV-1.  

All I care about is 3d graphics engine rendering performance and speed etc.  All my Orbx/Flightbeam/FSDT/LatinVFR/UK2000 stuff looks super pretty anyway.

Edited by Skywolf

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Uhh, no. utilization of PBR textures are an optional feature, Nothing you have now should look worse. Once the textures are converted to PBR, they could look better, depending on the material characteristics. Not every texture benefits from conversion to PBR. 

Did anyone see in the changelog if the FSL windshield "line" bug was resolved?  I know this was a LM issue and it also affected other devs besides FSL.

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

I doubt about 95% of the time I will never be able to tell the difference if PBR is on or off.  

Aircraft  converted to PBR will look better, but you're correct, Most SimObjects will look about the same so conversion is unnecessary. I'm looking forward though, to the comments about screenshots that go, "What sim is that?"

I should add here that there are utilities that do some of the legwork in converting to PBR textures. But much of the workload is manual and artistic. There are 3rd party aircraft in the pipeline that already use PBR textures and there will be a mad rush to buy them, I suspect.

10 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

No, that's a projection accuracy issue that can be solved but at the cost of significant reduction in FPS ... so in other words is a performance compromise we'll have to live with for now.

Cheers, Rob.

Do you know if there's any plan by LM to address this issue in future updates?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Did anyone see in the changelog if the FSL windshield "line" bug was resolved?  I know this was a LM issue and it also affected other devs besides FSL.

Yes they did fix it., I saw it...it's "worded" weird though so you really gotta look for it you know what I mean?

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Oh by the way 4.5 or what ever the next release number is - it is in May 2019....lol.🤣 I am surprised no one is talking about the next release already.....😄

Lets focus on 4.4 for now.  Looks like super exciting release.

You can ask these questions,  but don't expect an answer

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 1

Everyone seems to have overlooked this possible gem?  

"Added support for multiple autogen description files. Files can now also override subsets of autogen content."

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

40 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Everyone seems to have overlooked this possible gem?  

"Added support for multiple autogen description files. Files can now also override subsets of autogen content."

In english, what does this mean?

• Like 1

Eric 

9 minutes ago, B777ER said:

In english, what does this mean?

right now there is one file for autogendescriptions.spb.  For example Developer A scenery has custom autogen files, - it gets rewritten over autogendescriptions.spb, and now Developer 2 product gets installed - now the autogen gets added to this same file.  You lose this file or data gets corrupt - now all sceneries are not working properly.  Multiple autogen files could help with restoration etc.  

I am 100% assuming on how all of this works based on my assumptions on how this file works.  If I can get nominated to beta test for LM, I could then provide much better insights on the workings of the sim.

Biggest thing that no one is talking about - is LM gonna force all third party devs to install outside the sim

Edited by Skywolf

I sincerely hope that v4.4 could solve these horrible blurry problems that many of us are suffering