Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

FSElite Exclusive: P3D v4.4 Releasing November 28th

3 hours ago, BillS511 said:

Is Pete on holiday again?

We can also link these P3D version updates to when Rob does a new build! 😉

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Airports/Objects textures no longer "unload" and "load" within specified distance (this can be expanded on even further via manual .cfg editing) if one has the processing power and VRAM and you can also increase texture memory allocation which will help keep textures around longer.

Does this mean some relief for the distinct scenery loading pauses that we currently get about 20 nm out from an airport or other detailed scenery?

• Like 2

Bert

Is it confirmed that FSUIPC is not going to work with 4.4?

Let's do full re-install tomorrow and then we will se. I might leave work early :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Everyone seems to have overlooked this possible gem?  

"Added support for multiple autogen description files. Files can now also override subsets of autogen content."

This is probably one of the best new features !

Up to now Arno’s Tool was needed to see correct AG objects from Orbx and other developers.

Now each scenery addon can have a scevery, texture abd autogen folder .

Result : each addon can use its own country / region / city specific  custom AG buildings / objects... 😀

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Does this mean some relief for the distinct scenery loading pauses that we currently get about 20 nm out from an airport or other detailed scenery?

In my testing, there were no pauses and airport remained load after leaving the area and returned ... pixel min size will still kick in and VRAM usage really wasn't that much higher maybe 500MB or so ... I was testing FB KSFO and flying well beyond my ability to visually see it ... but if the value is set right, you'll probably barely notice the loading and there shouldn't be a pause ... but again, nothing is for free, this will use more VRAM.  I was testing on a 8700K stock clock (no OC) with 1080Ti.  There are a few settings that will work together to reduce and/or eliminate the issue in "most" cases ... some airports may still exhibit the issue depends how they were built.

Cheers, Rob.

5 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

If you have the VRAM and processing power you can run PR (photoreal) at 512 or 1024 (TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP value will be used for PR as well as LC, don't need to set this value if you're fine with 512) and this will work on existing PR products "as is" ... the difference is rather dramatic, no more blurries IF you have the computing power.

That's really great news, in particular that it works on existing PR products!

Does the update to the rendering engine include a fix for the autogen loading in patches at draw distances above normal?

Edited by RALF9636

So no more loading/un-loading of the scenery aka black textured objects?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

45 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

My biggest bug bear and a total immersion killer.  Glad to see the back of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

Looks like it 😏.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

In my testing, there were no pauses [...] I was testing on a 8700K stock clock (no OC) with 1080Ti. 

Ok, and this combo is what you called "if you have the CPU power to do so" in your first post? I would be ultra super mega duper happy if after the release of 4.4, you could do a settings video. I finally managed to have my v4.3 configured in an almost perfect way for my use, and honestly, I fear that with the adjustments done now, I will have to start over again...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

Ok, and this combo is what you called "if you have the CPU power to do so" in your first post? I would be ultra super mega duper happy if after the release of 4.4, you could do a settings video. I finally managed to have my v4.3 configured in an almost perfect way for my use, and honestly, I fear that with the adjustments done now, I will have to start over again...

Since we have simillar PC config, i can say the same thing. 

Ivan Majetic

Is this PBR ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Is it confirmed that FSUIPC is not going to work with 4.4?

It will work fine. Since P3D4.1 FSUIPC is no longer dependent on P3D versions as it only uses standard interfaces. There may gradually be more features or changes added to FSUIPC which only work with a newer version of P3D, but unless L-M make changes which render the previously published interface then it won't be incompatible without changes. If it ever looks better for parts of FSUIPC to be re-written to take advantage of P3D developments, then adequate notice would be given of the upcoming incompatibility. I think that is unlikely before P3D5!

There is one facility which in 4.4 will work properly at last -- Mouse Macros. Previously the mouse responding rectangle IDs were not always consistent on reloads -- they depended on previous aircraft panel loads. This made mouse macros built one day to not work the next unless you were careful to keep exactly the same load order.

Unfortunately, though, the fix does make all the mouse rectangle numbers change -- but just the once. Then they will stay fixed. But it will mean every user to re-make all his Mouse Macros! (I did post warnings about this on my Support Forum a while back).

Otherwise everything looks good.

Oh, and, no, I'm not on holiday ... yet! 😉

Pete

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen