Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

FSElite Exclusive: P3D v4.4 Releasing November 28th

I won't have the time to update before January but that's fine with me: by that time I suppose most addons will be made compatible. I will probably do a full reinstall (as I always do). I was wondering though: I suppose PBR will cost quite a few frames per second? I am reading various improvements that have to do with the graphics, like higher res PR options, higher max fps settings, more this, more that, but I hear no one talk about the drop in fps all this will cause... I am struggling with fps already (as is everybody else here) and 4.4 (as was to be expected) won't really help there... so it seems to me. Don't want to spoil the party here but shouldn't people temper their expectations a little? 😉

@Pete DowsonPerfect! Thanx for the fast response and detailed info 🙂

Edited by FDEdev

"allow for faster production of photo-real production...." that's what I've been waiting for, but of course, there are a shed load of other reported improvements. I will still wait for the dust to settle though before installing. I hope this will prevent my switch across to XP 😂

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

2 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

"allow for faster production of photo-real production...." that's what I've been waiting for, but of course, there are a shed load of other reported improvements. I will still wait for the dust to settle though before installing. I hope this will prevent my switch across to XP 😂

I'm affraid i will have to get another bigger SSD soon with all this stir around photo.real stuff

• Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

14 minutes ago, J van E said:

[...] so it seems to me. Don't want to spoil the party here but shouldn't people temper their expectations a little? 😉

I read you, but as long as you do not what many users always do after a new release with promised better performance (especially seen when people switch from FSX to P3D), that is increasing all sliders to the right, you should be fine. I will take some screenshots of the settings I use now and I will start off with EXACTLY the same settings under 4.4. Only if I really see additional performance, I will start increasing the one or the other setting (draw distance for example).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

Is this PBR ?

Nah, that's a highly reflective material with dynamic reflections on.

Pretty though, can't wait for NZCH!

• Upvote 1

Good that i upgraded to an 1080ti.

PBR is nice to have, not a biggie for me. And as i don't use PR (i don't want to give up the seasons, if i would i could also switch to XP *punintended* 🤪)  it looks like the changes made are not so much for me. But it envolves, i appreciate every update!

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

7 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

If you have the VRAM and processing power you can run PR (photoreal) at 512 or 1024 (TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP value will be used for PR as well as LC, don't need to set this value if you're fine with 512) and this will work on existing PR products "as is" ... the difference is rather dramatic, no more blurries IF you have the computing power.

So no more snap,  crackle and popping textures.  Thank god.

If P3Dv4.4 has fixed the photo scenery blurry issues we might see some announcements from Orbx as regards additional TrueEarth products for P3D

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I read some notes on improving Autogen draw distance and faster texture loading.. That should hopefully solve the long frames we get on final approach.. Also faster texture loading should solve the problem of delayed wing textures loading when you switch between vc and wing views.. Is my understanding correct? 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I'm curious if there will be a new tick-box in the menu options that will enable/disable PBR, like it is with Dynamic Lighting or if it's an integrated technology to the rendering engine. I'm thinking to start wiping out my P3D v4.3 already today, because I guess most add-ons will be compatible in a matter of days. What scares me is the possibility PBR to introduce artifacts to existing add-ons, like for example it happened in the case of X-Plane for some aircraft, where edges or MFDs appeared too shiny and we had to wait for a compatibility update before we could see the add-on in a texturing pleasing result. So, in case there is no PBR on/off tick-box I may want to wait a few days to get some feedback on how existing add-ons respond to PBR.

If Rob could shed some light on it, I'd be glad to know 🙂

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

27 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I'm curious if there will be a new tick-box in the menu options that will enable/disable PBR, like it is with Dynamic Lighting or if it's an integrated technology to the rendering engine. 🙂

PBR is enabled all the time.

Regards,
S.

Edited by simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

No, PBR is enabled all the time.

However scenery / SimObjects (Airplanes, Boats, etc.) that are not PBR complaint will continue to operate as usual.

Regards,
S.

Thank you for the information Simbol. Can you be positive that this does this include add-on scenery and add-on aircraft? Like no shiny outlines or glass reflection issues?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Just now, Daedalus said:

Thank you for the information Simbol. Can you be positive that this does this include add-on scenery and add-on aircraft? Like no shiny outlines or glass reflection issues?

I don't want to say anything else :).

You will love the product, just wait until Pete goes on holidays and you will be able to see for yourself :p

Regards,
s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I don't want to say anything else :).

You will love the product, just wait until Pete goes on holidays and you will be able to see for yourself 😛

Regards,
s.

Yes,  I'm sure I Will love it, especially when every add-on becomes PBR compatible. However, what I want to avoid is PBR artifacts on non-compatible aircraft, if that is a possibility.