Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

FSElite Exclusive: P3D v4.4 Releasing November 28th

1 hour ago, pracines said:

For FSX developers to leave FSX and develop P3D 100% seems impossible for now given the fact that there is still an FS9 (!?!?) community here, and a healthy one (even promoted a lot) at FlightSim.com - I even see new posts about FS2002 (:wacko:) at FlightSim.com

And developing for FS9 and FSX is becoming harder and harder.

I don't do add-on's for these platforms, you will find soon or later other 3rd party content developers will start doing the same, they might support their current products but new development cannot continue for platforms that are not supported anymore.

S.

• Like 1

Exactly why I give it a few days to update Bert. Call me a coward. 😉

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

some of your favorite P3D addons may not work in 4.4.

Thank you Bert for the reminder. We've posted a notice in our forum:

Furthermore, our add-on is fully compliant to the Prepar3D SDK and installs entirely in its own folder using the addon.xml method. You can safely uninstall the P3D4 client and you won't loose any RXP file.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Absolutely true.  Every new release has 4 distinct phases

1.  The  Speculation Phase - no-one knows anything....yet everyone knows everything.

2. The Announcement Phase - an overload of analysis, emotional gushing and some upset

3. The Release Phase - an overload of emotional elation, emotional upset peppered with 'my 12 year old FSX addons won't work anymore' official complaints  and some 'my sim is better than your sim' trash talk.

4.  The Post-Release Phase - an overload of  'how do I fix this' posts.  Before long, some will revert back to Phase 1

CLASSIC! Sounds so Freudian.

• Like 2

Mario Di Lauro

3 hours ago, ark said:

I have been a bit frustrated with P3Dv4.3 because I can't get VC graphics to look as good (as sharp) as in FSX-SE/ DX10. I have tried a ton of different HDR lighting combinations, and also tried not using HDR, but it seems I need to add 'extra light' (e.g., turn on overhead lights during the day) in the VC to get the same definition with P3Dv4.3 that I get with FSX without adding light. I would have expected P3Dv4.3 to be better, or at least as good, as FSX in this regard. Maybe P3Dv4.4 will provide some improvements in this area.

Al

Al, I was also pretty disappointed when I first fired up P3Dv4. After fooling around with the sliders and settings, I decided to go another route, and it paid off. My monitor was grossly out of calibration. I ran a few video test patterns used for adjusting brightness, contrast, and color balance. In the end, I had to move the gamma slider quite a bit to tone the overall brightness and intensity of my monitor down (everything looked too bright and washed out). After getting the gamma in the ballpark, I was able to use the brightness & contrast adjustment patterns to dial those 2 settings in.

At first, I made the changes in the nVidia control panel, but I downloaded Samsung's "Natural Color Pro" software from their web site, and it allowed me to save the gamma changes to a monitor profile. Now, if I change or remove the nVidia drivers, the monitor color profile stays unchanged.

At any rate, P3D looks better on my system than FSX ever did. HDR and dynamic lighting are both active.

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Perfect timing for me to return to P3D since I just installed windows 10 and bought a Samsung Odyssey+😁

• Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

@Rob Ainscough

Really happy to see that big trench was fixed in my Country ( Iran ). Thank you guys in LM for considering that.
looking forward to the new version.

Best Regards.

S. Mahdi Abadi

I appreciate what LM has done regarding stability of P3D and the integration of 64 bit.  But in my opinion, all these other "fixes" and changes are just dolling-up the sim to make it look pretty.  But by not updating the airport data base completely skips the core of a flight sim. 

For me, on of the most adventurous experiences of flight simming is to be able to travel from point A to point B.  I mean I have great airplanes, great WX software, cool charts, and flight planning tools but than when it's time leave point sometimes instead of sitting a gate, I land up in the middle of a field.  Or when it's time to land, there's no airport.

BKK, ATL, ORD, PEK, KIX all outdated.  I know of missing airports in Poland, Spain, Turkey, Malaysia, and China just to name a few.  And sure, I could spend a few hundred bucks on payware (which I do) but not all payware is compatible or available for v4.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Sorry I will pass on this one. I have 4.3 working better than I thought possible. I have always updated to the next version and gone through the growing pains of getting things right again and to be truthful it really  is a pain in the you know where. There will be plenty of others to jump in and try it and I wish you luck, I would just rather fly, that's what  I bought it for in the first place.

Nels Lyon

OK, question to V4.4 PBR experts/testers,

assuming every thing (3rd Party products) were updated/made compatible with P3D V4.4 PBR thing, are we still going to need 3rd party reshade products to enhance visuals?

Edited by penta_a
  • Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Anyone knows if the problem in p3d4.3 should be solved according the unrealistic missing autogen rendering? Missing trees, buildings and textures and pop up slowly?

thank you

George

AFAIK the 4.4 update won't come with hardware upgrades but the installation will reset your settings so you have the chance to set them properly so your hardware has enough headroom to draw the autogen in time.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, penta_a said:

OK, question to V4.4 PBR experts/testers,

assuming every thing (3rd Party products) were updated/made compatible with P3D V4.4 PBR thing, are we still going to need 3rd party reshade products to enhance visuals?

Good question.  In addition to Ali's question, does PBR affect  atmospheric light scattering ?

3 hours ago, penta_a said:

Yes, we could still use Envshade, PTA or anything like that.
It is the same in XP11. Even though we already have PBR included there, we still have XVision, XEnviro etc. that modify shader files.

Edited by twojastara
  • Like 1

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1