Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

FSElite Exclusive: P3D v4.4 Releasing November 28th

3 hours ago, penta_a said:

are we still going to need 3rd party reshade products to enhance visuals?

In XP 11 the answer was YES. I can extrapolate that you will have more options to make the sim look the way you prefer with a 3rd party addon like PTA.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

In the interview, Adam Breed also mentioned that P3D v4 will be used for a while before version 5 will see a release.

Prepar3D v4 still has a lot of life left in it and it will likely be the longest active release we have done.

I think that v5 will not be released before mid-2020, and if you ask me, I actually prefer a 3-year release cycle over the previous 1.8 year, even though I still use v3. Imagine if LM released v5 in mid-2019 - most add-on developers have not yet fully gotten warm with version 4, and they would need to invest a disproportional amount of time to make their add-ons compatible with the new version if it were released so soon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Don't think I have seen this ask.  Will PBR fix the sunlight and shadow effects sometimes going away when you are panning the view?

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

In XP 11 the answer was YES. I can extrapolate that you will have more options to make the sim look the way you prefer with a 3rd party addon like PTA.

I think we will still need reshade software but we wont need reflection models like those that came from TomatoShade.

Edited by BestPlane

Manuel Miller

6 minutes ago, Bill721 said:

Don't think I have seen this ask.  Will PBR fix the sunlight and shadow effects sometimes going away when you are panning the view?

I think Rob Ainscough confirmed that  the cloud shadow bug hasn't been resolved 

No, that's a projection accuracy issue that can be solved but at the cost of significant reduction in FPS ... so in other words is a performance compromise we'll have to live with for now.

Cheers, Rob

So as the news says, Is the update today anyway? I have cleaned all the Sim and add-ons and ready for a full clean install!

Regards.

-S.

5 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

So as the news says, Is the update today anyway? I have cleaned all the Sim and add-ons and ready for a full clean install!

Regards.

-S.

Apparently its not out yet.

Edited by bcrawley57

Brian Crawley

2 minutes ago, bcrawley57 said:

Apparently its out.

I am in my Download section of the Prepar3d site. It's still the 4.3 available not the 4.4!

16 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

I am in my Download section of the Prepar3d site. It's still the 4.3 available not the 4.4!

Sorry I edited my reply, it is not out according to mine either

Brian Crawley

Still 4.3.... Leaving work early, got my samsung S3 watch, gonna play with it until 4.4 becomes avialable for download

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

29 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

It's only 7.37am on the US east coast guys. Give them some time to get the coffee on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It's only 7.37am on the US east coast guys. Give them some time to get the coffee on

Aye , Sorry didn't consider the US time Zone! wish them a good day.

Regards.

-S.