Daedalus

FSElite Exclusive: P3D v4.4 Releasing November 28th

50 quid says the dxgi error still there. 

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Does this mean some relief for the distinct scenery loading pauses that we currently get about 20 nm out from an airport or other detailed scenery?

In my testing, there were no pauses and airport remained load after leaving the area and returned ... pixel min size will still kick in and VRAM usage really wasn't that much higher maybe 500MB or so ... I was testing FB KSFO and flying well beyond my ability to visually see it ... but if the value is set right, you'll probably barely notice the loading and there shouldn't be a pause ... but again, nothing is for free, this will use more VRAM.  I was testing on a 8700K stock clock (no OC) with 1080Ti.  There are a few settings that will work together to reduce and/or eliminate the issue in "most" cases ... some airports may still exhibit the issue depends how they were built.

Cheers, Rob.

5 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

If you have the VRAM and processing power you can run PR (photoreal) at 512 or 1024 (TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP value will be used for PR as well as LC, don't need to set this value if you're fine with 512) and this will work on existing PR products "as is" ... the difference is rather dramatic, no more blurries IF you have the computing power.

That's really great news, in particular that it works on existing PR products!

Does the update to the rendering engine include a fix for the autogen loading in patches at draw distances above normal?

Edited by RALF9636

So no more loading/un-loading of the scenery aka black textured objects?

45 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

My biggest bug bear and a total immersion killer.  Glad to see the back of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

Looks like it 😏.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

In my testing, there were no pauses [...] I was testing on a 8700K stock clock (no OC) with 1080Ti. 

Ok, and this combo is what you called "if you have the CPU power to do so" in your first post? I would be ultra super mega duper happy if after the release of 4.4, you could do a settings video. I finally managed to have my v4.3 configured in an almost perfect way for my use, and honestly, I fear that with the adjustments done now, I will have to start over again...

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

Ok, and this combo is what you called "if you have the CPU power to do so" in your first post? I would be ultra super mega duper happy if after the release of 4.4, you could do a settings video. I finally managed to have my v4.3 configured in an almost perfect way for my use, and honestly, I fear that with the adjustments done now, I will have to start over again...

Since we have simillar PC config, i can say the same thing. 

3 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Is it confirmed that FSUIPC is not going to work with 4.4?

It will work fine. Since P3D4.1 FSUIPC is no longer dependent on P3D versions as it only uses standard interfaces. There may gradually be more features or changes added to FSUIPC which only work with a newer version of P3D, but unless L-M make changes which render the previously published interface then it won't be incompatible without changes. If it ever looks better for parts of FSUIPC to be re-written to take advantage of P3D developments, then adequate notice would be given of the upcoming incompatibility. I think that is unlikely before P3D5!

There is one facility which in 4.4 will work properly at last -- Mouse Macros. Previously the mouse responding rectangle IDs were not always consistent on reloads -- they depended on previous aircraft panel loads. This made mouse macros built one day to not work the next unless you were careful to keep exactly the same load order.

Unfortunately, though, the fix does make all the mouse rectangle numbers change -- but just the once. Then they will stay fixed. But it will mean every user to re-make all his Mouse Macros! (I did post warnings about this on my Support Forum a while back).

Otherwise everything looks good.

Oh, and, no, I'm not on holiday ... yet! 😉

Pete

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

I won't have the time to update before January but that's fine with me: by that time I suppose most addons will be made compatible. I will probably do a full reinstall (as I always do). I was wondering though: I suppose PBR will cost quite a few frames per second? I am reading various improvements that have to do with the graphics, like higher res PR options, higher max fps settings, more this, more that, but I hear no one talk about the drop in fps all this will cause... I am struggling with fps already (as is everybody else here) and 4.4 (as was to be expected) won't really help there... so it seems to me. Don't want to spoil the party here but shouldn't people temper their expectations a little? 😉

• Upvote 1

@Pete DowsonPerfect! Thanx for the fast response and detailed info 🙂

Edited by FDEdev

"allow for faster production of photo-real production...." that's what I've been waiting for, but of course, there are a shed load of other reported improvements. I will still wait for the dust to settle though before installing. I hope this will prevent my switch across to XP 😂

2 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

"allow for faster production of photo-real production...." that's what I've been waiting for, but of course, there are a shed load of other reported improvements. I will still wait for the dust to settle though before installing. I hope this will prevent my switch across to XP 😂

I'm affraid i will have to get another bigger SSD soon with all this stir around photo.real stuff

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J van E said:

[...] so it seems to me. Don't want to spoil the party here but shouldn't people temper their expectations a little? 😉

I read you, but as long as you do not what many users always do after a new release with promised better performance (especially seen when people switch from FSX to P3D), that is increasing all sliders to the right, you should be fine. I will take some screenshots of the settings I use now and I will start off with EXACTLY the same settings under 4.4. Only if I really see additional performance, I will start increasing the one or the other setting (draw distance for example).

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

Is this PBR ?

Nah, that's a highly reflective material with dynamic reflections on.

Pretty though, can't wait for NZCH!

• Upvote 1

Good that i upgraded to an 1080ti.

PBR is nice to have, not a biggie for me. And as i don't use PR (i don't want to give up the seasons, if i would i could also switch to XP *punintended* 🤪)  it looks like the changes made are not so much for me. But it envolves, i appreciate every update!

7 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

If you have the VRAM and processing power you can run PR (photoreal) at 512 or 1024 (TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP value will be used for PR as well as LC, don't need to set this value if you're fine with 512) and this will work on existing PR products "as is" ... the difference is rather dramatic, no more blurries IF you have the computing power.

So no more snap,  crackle and popping textures.  Thank god.

If P3Dv4.4 has fixed the photo scenery blurry issues we might see some announcements from Orbx as regards additional TrueEarth products for P3D

• Like 1

I read some notes on improving Autogen draw distance and faster texture loading.. That should hopefully solve the long frames we get on final approach.. Also faster texture loading should solve the problem of delayed wing textures loading when you switch between vc and wing views.. Is my understanding correct? 

I'm curious if there will be a new tick-box in the menu options that will enable/disable PBR, like it is with Dynamic Lighting or if it's an integrated technology to the rendering engine. I'm thinking to start wiping out my P3D v4.3 already today, because I guess most add-ons will be compatible in a matter of days. What scares me is the possibility PBR to introduce artifacts to existing add-ons, like for example it happened in the case of X-Plane for some aircraft, where edges or MFDs appeared too shiny and we had to wait for a compatibility update before we could see the add-on in a texturing pleasing result. So, in case there is no PBR on/off tick-box I may want to wait a few days to get some feedback on how existing add-ons respond to PBR.

If Rob could shed some light on it, I'd be glad to know 🙂

Edited by Daedalus

27 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I'm curious if there will be a new tick-box in the menu options that will enable/disable PBR, like it is with Dynamic Lighting or if it's an integrated technology to the rendering engine. 🙂

PBR is enabled all the time.

Regards,
S.

Edited by simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

No, PBR is enabled all the time.

However scenery / SimObjects (Airplanes, Boats, etc.) that are not PBR complaint will continue to operate as usual.

Regards,
S.

Thank you for the information Simbol. Can you be positive that this does this include add-on scenery and add-on aircraft? Like no shiny outlines or glass reflection issues?

Just now, Daedalus said:

Thank you for the information Simbol. Can you be positive that this does this include add-on scenery and add-on aircraft? Like no shiny outlines or glass reflection issues?

I don't want to say anything else :).

You will love the product, just wait until Pete goes on holidays and you will be able to see for yourself :p

Regards,
s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I don't want to say anything else :).

You will love the product, just wait until Pete goes on holidays and you will be able to see for yourself 😛

Regards,
s.

Yes,  I'm sure I Will love it, especially when every add-on becomes PBR compatible. However, what I want to avoid is PBR artifacts on non-compatible aircraft, if that is a possibility.