Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

FSElite Exclusive: P3D v4.4 Releasing November 28th

That is one long list of fixes and improvements. The folks at LM have been very busy.

I am wondering how the new option to enable and disable add-ons without restarting the sim is going to work. Some of us with lots of add-ons have to deal with the 10+ minute start up of the sim. I'm hoping I can keep v4.4 in a basic start-up mode resulting in a minimalistic start of less than a minute, then selectively enable and disable add-on airports as I need them. If that works, then I'm going to be jumping for joy with this new P3D version.

I'm also happy to see those conical-beam airport beacons are finally gone and replaced with a DL version. Lots of great items in this release and I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by Bruce Nicholson KMFR

7 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Go to Control Panel in windows, Uninstall a Program, click on Prepar3D v4 Client and then click Uninstall. You might have to reactivate the application once you install the new version. 

That is how I usually uninstall an application using Win10s Control Panel - Programs and Features. Then I run the installer for the update. What I don't understand is the implication of the word "only" in the phrase "only update the client". What other option is there in updating to P3Dv4.4?

Al

3 minutes ago, ark said:

That is how I usually uninstall an application using Win10s Control Panel - Programs and Features. Then I run the installer for the update. What I don't understand is the implication of the word "only" in the phrase "only update the client". What other option is there in updating to P3Dv4.4?

Al

Content and scenery

26 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Content and scenery

OK, I see now -- only updating P3Dv4.4 itself but not updating third party addons.

Thanks for the clarification.

Al

EDIT: Wrong conclusion above -- sorry☹️

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Client is the Core program, Content is Aircraft, simobjects etc and Scenery is self explanatory. I think. 😉

3 minutes ago, ark said:

OK, I see now -- only updating P3Dv4.4 itself but not updating third party addons.

Thanks for the clarification.

Al

You can update client only, you can update every component separately, or you can uninstall everything and start from scratch

• Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

3 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

You can update client only, you can update every component separately, or you can uninstall everything and start from scratch

I have not updated P3D before since I just bought it a short while ago. So what I now understand is the updater will provide options on whether or not I want to update the simobjects and/or scenery (provided by the installer) or just the basic client.

Hopefully I finally have it right (age problem, I guess. Sigh).

Al

1 minute ago, ark said:

I have not updated P3D before since I just bought it a short while ago. So what I now understand is the updater will provide options on whether or not I want to update the simobjects and/or scenery (provided by the installer) or just the basic client.

Hopefully I finally have it right (age problem, I guess. Sigh).

Al

No worries. You have individual installation packages for the client, scenery and content, you can download them individually or in one package. So you can install them individually. I hope i make sense. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 minute ago, Johnny19 said:

No worries. You have individual installation packages for the client, scenery and content, you can download them individually or in one package. So you can install them individually. I hope i make sense. 

Yes, you make sense. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Thanks,

Al

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ark said:

Yes, you make sense. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Thanks,

Al

Just follow this detailed guide from Poppet.  It was written for older versions but the process is the same.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120861

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

In addition, you can find a detailed document on updating, written by Lockheed Martin themselves, in your LM account. Obviously very few are aware of it.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Per Mark's link, Elaine (Poppet) has provided some very helpful information on updating P3D.  It's very straight forward for the most part, some (not all) add-ons can complicate matters but you have to take those on a case by case basis.

I would highly recommend everyone who is currently using P3D Vx.x to get and/or upgrade to V4.4 ... my hope is developers/content providers embrace the P3D V4.4 SDK and stop using FSX as the LCD for content creation ... it's time to use all the features P3D offers that don't exist in FSX.

Cheers, Rob. 

7 hours ago, ckyliu said:

If P3Dv4.4 has fixed the photo scenery blurry issues we might see some announcements from Orbx as regards additional TrueEarth products for P3D

Maybe, but ORBX doesn't need to do anything with the current TrueEarth HD products for P3D, they will scale up and look amazing "as is" ... for the most part Terrain tiles don't need adjustments for PBR, it would be nice to see AG (buildings etc.) get a PBR work over, but that's A LOT of buildings/objects and not a project that can be done overnight, it'll take many many hours of work.

Cheers, Rob.

Will the airport loading studder on final fix be a client only reinstall? This is my only real issue. Thanks

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

7 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

Will the airport loading studder on final fix be a client only reinstall? This is my only real issue. Thanks

It is highly recommended to perform an update for all components.

S.