Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

FSX Elevation Question

On 6/2/2019 at 2:28 AM, Enko said:

I guess you could load int Aiport design editor check the altitude and compile it to the Addon scenery?

I installed ADE but don't know what to do after loaded the AFCAD. How to check altitude I am lost.

But, I don't think is the AFCAD problem because after loaded MPTO the scenery airport is fine, no elevations at all. In approach and landing is what MPTO changes the terrain just before the runway in some how like weird Autogen making the elevation gradually up and worse while I am closer and near to the runway to land on it. (check my previous pics in this thread)

I think it has to be created an Exclusion or ALT bgl file and placed in FSX\scenery\World or Base folder to resolve that elevation. Not sure about.

Anyone else, has the FSIMSTUDIOS - TOCUMEN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT MPTO PANAMA CITY FSX P3D?

Edited by trisho0
adding more

Patricio Valdes

If you want to give it a shot (no harm to try) use

open the airport. When loaded do - tools > change airport Reference data.

Set the altitude and do change.

Then comple > choose more options and choose specific directory. That should point to your addon scenery folder, (that will lay it on top of the default airport).

Compile and test. If no change then just delete the one in the addon folder.

Edited by Enko

Don't you have the FSIMSTUDIOS - TOCUMEN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT MPTO PANAMA CITY FSX P3D installed in FSX or in P3Dv4? The issue happens in both sim, weird right? I will give a try tonight with ADE and see what I get.

Edited by trisho0
correcting

Patricio Valdes

I tried this, load the bird in FSX and in approach I was near the runway to land. I saw the terrain was changing (Autogen I guess) creating the elevation like 20 meters up. I paused the sim and left it in window mode. I opened ADE loading the AFCAD file and I was be able to see the bird location, near the runway. So, from ADE tools tab, change airport reference data option I changed the Altitude in 20 meters less to bring elevation down. From the sim which is paused I didn't see any change, un-paused still not changing anything. Am I missing something?

Patricio Valdes

You will not see a difference until FS reloads and updates the scenery files.

Are you using custom or default mesh?

Please can you try the flight with "Autogen Density None" in settings > customize > scenery

Edited by Enko
Extra info

20 hours ago, Enko said:

Are you using custom or default mesh?

Please can you try the flight with "Autogen Density None" in settings > customize > scenery

Dear Enko, thanks for been helpful. Understood, no custom mesh I mean no mesh addons at all. Good idea to test flying with Autogen off, Let's see later. 

Edit: just did a test with Autogen slider to none and it is even worse or about the same.

Edited by trisho0

Patricio Valdes

20 hours ago, Enko said:

Loaded MPTO AFCAD in ADE, opened "Change Airport Reference Data, found Altitude 21.147 meters. If the terrain is abnormal and high like 30 meters up what can be entered in Altitude from ADE? I mean somewhere approx. to give another test.

Patricio Valdes

Contacted the company and got this for you  I have sent the file link in a personal message as I am not sure if it can go in a public post 🙂

Hello,

This file should help:

Just replace the file in your MPTO/Scenery folder.

Gabriel V.
FSimStudios Developer,
https://www.fsimstudios.com/

Edited by Enko

On 6/9/2019 at 12:21 PM, Enko said:

Contacted the company and got this for you  I have sent the file link in a personal message as I am not sure if it can go in a public post 🙂

Hello,

This file should help:

Just replace the file in your MPTO/Scenery folder.

Gabriel V.
FSimStudios Developer,
https://www.fsimstudios.com/

Hi Enko,

As I found out today I am confronted with the same problem. 

Is there any chance that you could send me the file that solves the problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Tom

EDIT: I found it on their website, thanks anyway!

Edited by tupues