Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

PMDG and P3D v4.4

Hey all,

If you haven't heard the news yet, LM just announced (via FSElite) that Prepar3d v4.4 is scheduled to release this Wednesday, November 28th. There is a loooooong change log, most noticeably the official implementation of PBR rendering in the P3D client.

This is a big change to the way the sim renders, so I have to ask: will addons like PMDG aircraft and developer airports be affected? Do we need to wait for an update before we install the new P3D client?

Thanks!

From what I've been reading, we can still use the current add-ons just no nice PBR visuals until updated by the Devs.

I'm sure PMDG will give an update soon...

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Well let’s put it this way i’m not updating anything until iam sure all is stable and working 110%.

Regards.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Zdenek  Cebis

The more specific question is, will PMDG aircraft get a texture update to take advantage of PBR capability?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ErichB said:

The more specific question is, will PMDG aircraft get a texture update to take advantage of PBR capability?

Probably not unless you mean future releases of new aircraft. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just now, fakeflyer737 said:

I mean updates for current aircraft.

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

As far as I understood PBR as generally used in games, there is a bit more than just a PBR texture, usually you would need to work on the model as well. Not all surfaces will have the same properties. there are different type of parts on the model which behave differently the fuselage, will probably not interact with light the same way as say the landing gear. So I think it's quite somework to make it happen.

I don't know if they'll do it, but I'm not expecting it as it's not just a quick thing to do.

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

how you are so sure about that?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Nobody is sure about anything.  I presume PMDG and other developers are under a NDA until tomorrow.  Wait a day and then find out.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

For some of us 28th November is already here by 6 hours 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YMMB said:

For some of us 28th November is already here by 6 hours 🙂

yeah but LM is american so it's 28th in the US obviously, and I4d still be careful as FSElite in their exclusive article talks about a "planned" date meaning it could still be not ready tomorrow for any reason.

1 minute ago, wedgantilles said:

yeah but LM is american so it's 28th in the US obviously, and I4d still be careful as FSElite in their exclusive article talks about a "planned" date meaning it could still be not ready tomorrow for any reason.

I guess my humor was missed..thanks .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ErichB said:

Does PBR only improve the outside of the aircraft or the virtual cockpit as well?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Does PBR only improve the outside of the aircraft or the virtual cockpit as well?

PBR can improve the appearance of any texture created using that method/technique; the simulator doesn't really care about whether you're on an interior or exterior view when rendering what is displayed. Thus for any add-on which has had PBR textures made for it, providing it's been done properly/well, things should look a bit more convincing all round, whether inside or outside the aeroplane.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

15 minutes ago, threegreen said:

From the FSElite site.

• F-16 aircraft fully updated to PBR for both the interior and exterior models.

So i assume both is possible.
  • Like 1