Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

PMDG and P3D v4.4

When you read this fine lovely news you will find a hopefull line of text........

I quote:

What’s important to know is that from our interview with Adam, he made it clear that third-party developers (aircraft and scenery developers) have already been working on creating PBR textures for their products.

(Fingers crossed)😋

Marcel van der biezen

1 hour ago, oranjeman said:

When you read this fine lovely news you will find a hopefull line of text........

I quote:

What’s important to know is that from our interview with Adam, he made it clear that third-party developers (aircraft and scenery developers) have already been working on creating PBR textures for their products.

(Fingers crossed)😋

I remember a while ago seeing somebody ask a scenery developer for an update on an airport they were working on, and they were told they weren't able to give any updates. I'm guessing this has to do with it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1 hour ago, cgsmithmo said:

A bit behind the curve here. What is PBR?

Physical Based Rendering. It's rendering the lighting of individual materials, more specifically rendering the way different materials "shine". 

It can make the different materials on the airplane (inside and out) look more like the real thing.   

New to this pbr too. Lots of questions, but the main would be performance impact. Guess we’ll have to see tomorrow! 

Orman

So quick question, I’ll be purchasing P3D for the first time after my new laptop arrives in a few days. Will I be able to use v4.3 if issues arise?

3 hours ago, HighFlier said:

So quick question, I’ll be purchasing P3D for the first time after my new laptop arrives in a few days. Will I be able to use v4.3 if issues arise?

Most probably not, Only the latest installers are available on LM site, so if you buυ after 4.4 is released you will be able to download only 4.4.

Edited by Olympic260
  • Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

3 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Most probably not, Only the latest installers are available on LM site, so if you buυ after 4.4 is released you will be able to download only 4.4.

Hi Chris,

yes you can get it.

The download page of LM offers the legacy clients,too. However you have to download them seperately, if you dl the complete package, you'll obviously get the latest update included.

UzNH0ai.jpg

@HighFlier

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Hi Chris,

yes you can get it.

The download page of LM offers the legacy clients,too. However you have to download them seperately, if you dl the complete package, you'll obviously get the latest update included.

UzNH0ai.jpg

@HighFlier

Marc,

Thanks I have not see the legacy client. However in the OP question I am not sure will help a lot having client only in 4.4 and the rest in 4.3 🙂

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

11 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Marc,

Thanks I have not see the legacy client. However in the OP question I am not sure will help a lot having client only in 4.4 and the rest in 4.3 🙂

Having a client only in p3d4.4 and the rest in 4.3 would be a negative and it will only cause problems as this a complete new and different update and lot of new changes.

Regards.

Edited by Zdenek

Zdenek  Cebis

My PMDG aircraft look nice without PBR, so I couldn't care less how long it takes for any PBR updates to be implemented.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

LM needs to finally purge this ridiculous over a decade support.

V5 NEEDS a new engine. IDC if it's vulkan, OpenGL or whatever, heck just use lumberjack lol but the rendering engine is completely outdated.

X-plane looks times better and I hate to admit that, while I've never installed it but screenshots speak for themselves. Also, performance wise an upgrade is past the clock.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

1 hour ago, 30K said:

LM needs to finally purge this ridiculous over a decade support.

V5 NEEDS a new engine. IDC if it's vulkan, OpenGL or whatever, heck just use lumberjack lol but the rendering engine is completely outdated.

X-plane looks times better and I hate to admit that, while I've never installed it but screenshots speak for themselves. Also, performance wise an upgrade is past the clock.

P3D has slighty bent the FSX Eco-System, but you are talking about breaking the entire universe.