Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

PMDG and P3D v4.4

Good fix!  Thanks for passing on the info.

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

1 hour ago, rcoultas said:

Good fix!  Thanks for passing on the info.

Credit fellow Avsim member Maikel van der Heijden for keeping an eye out for us. 🙂

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, FunknNasty said:

Add to p3d .cfg file sound section:

[sound]
time_constant=0

Should fix your sound issues.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131659&sid=2dae34e578ef03ede83ae1303c52dda9&start=15

I updated again, from v4.3 Client to v4.4 Client (still Content v4.1 and Scenery v4.1) and I can't reproduce the sound issue. Magic?

Patricio Valdes

There seems to be a problem updating from 4,3 to 4,4  and Aerosoft suggest a full reinstall.

Aerosoft Forum CRJ now in trouble after update

Same goes for my experience with pmdg 737

v 4,4 does not seem to work correctly...

Is this also your experience.. does full reinstall solve the problem? Are new updates from prepar on the horizon?

All the best

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

My works perfectly i updated using only client,content,scenery no need for full reinstall.

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

4 hours ago, Zdenek said:

My works perfectly i updated using only client,content,scenery no need for full reinstall.

Regards.

I updated the same way and no issues so far … (still testing on it)

Patricio Valdes

Except i have no heat blur from the engines anymore and at night i can’t see the cockpit at night or the plane from outside view.I tried different settings and no go here.

Zdenek  Cebis

3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I updated the same way and no issues so far … (still testing on it)

Yes I’m still testing too so far i found only this what I just mentioned.

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

Folks,

I installed 4.4, client, content, and scenery, so far have done flights  with the 747-8, and NGX, running like a Swiss watch, perfect.

Regards,

Jerry

Thank you Gentlemen.

My error must be just to have updated client, not content and scenery...

Aside from the Client, the other two components to a Prepar3D installation are Content and Scenery, each of which may have additional changes with a minor update. The updating process for each of these components is nearly identical to that of the Client. Note: Update the Client component first, before updating either the Content or Scenery components.

https://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Download_and_Install_Instructions_v4.pdf 

So in this way I was informed that Client update wasn't enough.

But what about the cont2.cab and the scene7.cab files that presumably now get uninstalled and now not installed again?

Install_Content.msi or Install_Scenery.msi file. If you are installing the Content component, then you will need to download the cont1.cab file. Likewise, you will need to download the scene1.cab thru scene6.cab files if you are updating the Scenery component. Make sure that all of the downloaded files are in the same folder. Next, open the Control Panel from the Windows start menu, and click Uninstall a program under Programs. Find Prepar3D * Content or Prepar3D * Scenery (where the asterisk (*) is the Prepar3D v4 variant (Academic, Professional, or Professional Plus)). Right-click the component you wish to uninstall, select Uninstall, and then follow the instructions on the wizard. After it has finished uninstalling, select the close button and then open either the Install_Content.msi or the Install_Scenery.msi to begin the update. Proceed with the onscreen instructions to complete the update

Regards

Jens

Edited by Julean

Jens Michlas
Denmark

4 hours ago, Julean said:

My error must be just to have updated client, not content and scenery...

I only updated client, and LM did not provide instructions to the contrary.  I would not take advice from Aerosoft (are you sure it was Aerosoft and not just another user?) for a Lockheed Martin product, nor would I take advice from LM for a PMDG product.  Developers stay in their lane for good reason.

This is the bottom of a 3 page thread and I'm not sure what your specific problem description.

If you are asking about how to install Content or Scenery then I urge you to visit the LM forum.  They have very concise and detailed instructions on how to do this and an active support forum for questions.

Dan Downs KCRP

Aerosoft indeed  do recommend  to do a full new install, because they think that several issues with their bus are (or can be)  caused by a client only update. 

I honestly doubt that  though. Could not see any reason why , and as Dan says, why would LM instruct us to do so if there was anything potentially problematic ?

I also did only the client update and have no new issues with the 744, except for the changing view sound issue, which is solved for me by adding the recommended line to the P3D.cfg...

kind regards

I have downloaded all the files and done the client, content and scenery update.. 

with this instruction:

Updating Prepar3D using the Update Component Installers

From the forum as downscc suggested to look for info on.

And assuming this link

https://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Download_and_Install_Instructions_v4.pdf

Incorrect for doing the same update when regards to the But what about the cont2.cab and the scene7.cab files.

Now flying will show if the birds are working correctly.

Best Regards

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

57 minutes ago, Julean said:

But what about the cont2.cab and the scene7.cab files.

What is your problem please?  Those two should be downloaded if you download individual components and will be installed when the appropriate installer for content or scenery is used.

Also, please take advantage of the support available from LM in their P3D Installer Questions forum.  Afterall, this is a PMDG forum.

Dan Downs KCRP