Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

PMDG and P3D v4.4

Thx for the help about installation.

For those of you who installed v4.4 today, any issues with PMDG, Orbx, DD, Flightbeam, etc.?

37 minutes ago, HighFlier said:

Thx for the help about installation.

For those of you who installed v4.4 today, any issues with PMDG, Orbx, DD, Flightbeam, etc.?

It's not out  yet 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It's strange that they don't delight us with some screenshot in PBR style!

Agree on the break-the-mold idea. The biggest controversy is always about backward compatibility and "will my add-on work?". Believe me I would not relish (or afford) the idea of having to re-purchase all my scenery and aircraft if a "new" sim were to be made, however I would love to see "a fresh start" from the ground up in my opinion and break any compatibility with anything exiting and force 'new' add-ons instead of ported code.

Example would be forcing flight plans to be compatible with the way the sim reads them. Any aircraft will be able to load the flight plan generated in the sim and work in the FMS of that aircraft - yes this can be done and with all the data required (weather information, etc.). I have to use 6 different flight planner software systems for all my aircraft, some paid, some off the net, it's really ridiculous and still the sim has no idea what your flight plan is unless you enter it in there as well. *Sorry, big peeve on my part*

It might already be in the works, who knows. DT tried it and look what happened. AFS seems pretty strong and who knows it may be just the thing once they actually get the entire world put together (Multiple NAS Terabyte storage anyone?). X-Plane IMO is doing a fantastic job, but also way behind in basic features that been in use for decades that work really well (seasons perhaps?)

I completely support 3rd party add-on(s) and dev software for flight sims 100%, but there comes a point to where you have 30 addons just to make the scenery look nice and AI traffic, bird, cloud colors, pushback carts, leaves blowing, etc.. will not only cause conflicts but can make the sim unusable after a period of time because of all the "junk" installed (been there done that).

LM has the resources for sure. I'm pretty sure it may be wishful thinking. I always love to completely re-install my sim every time an update comes out, believe me just client/content installs cause problems.

*Note: "junk" is referencing egregious amounts of software and not a reflection of the quality of 3rd party software. 😀

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

3 hours ago, simbio said:

It's strange that they don't delight us with some screenshot in PBR style!

A single screenshot doesn't really capture the "WOW" factor of PBR. Only by viewing things in the moving and living environment does it truly shines.

Edited by ZLA Steve

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

On 11/27/2018 at 7:05 AM, Zdenek said:

Well let’s put it this way i’m not updating anything until iam sure all is stable and working 110%.

Regards.

110% is fantasy. Nothing can ever achieve more than 100%.

Dave Taylor gb.png

1 hour ago, G7USL said:

110% is fantasy. Nothing can ever achieve more than 100%.

No who told you.😉

Zdenek  Cebis

5 hours ago, AAN1718A said:

Example would be forcing flight plans to be compatible with the way the sim reads them. Any aircraft will be able to load the flight plan generated in the sim and work in the FMS of that aircraft - yes this can be done and with all the data required (weather information, etc.). I have to use 6 different flight planner software systems for all my aircraft, some paid, some off the net, it's really ridiculous and still the sim has no idea what your flight plan is unless you enter it in there as well. *Sorry, big peeve on my part*

I flight plan via SimBrief and all my aircraft are catered for using their downloader - single point of planning, multiple flight plan formats.

i can confirm no issues with a vanilla install. Everything works. I did try the update client only but ran into issues (mainly with FSLabs). Other than that, AS16 is working and everything is OKAY.

1 hour ago, elmucki said:

i can confirm no issues with a vanilla install. Everything works. I did try the update client only but ran into issues (mainly with FSLabs). Other than that, AS16 is working and everything is OKAY.

Good to hear. I purchased a bunch of sceneries (DD, Flightbeam, FSDT, Orbx, and Rex4 Textures Direct + Soft Clouds) during the Black Friday sales in anticipation of buying P3D soon. It would be a real shame if I find out they have issues with v4.4.

Although if there are issues...anyone have a full download v4.3 installer stored away?

Edit: Maybe if I contact LM support they could send me over v4.3 if I find I need it.

Edited by HighFlier

10 hours ago, HighFlier said:

Good to hear. I purchased a bunch of sceneries (DD, Flightbeam, FSDT, Orbx, and Rex4 Textures Direct + Soft Clouds) during the Black Friday sales in anticipation of buying P3D soon. It would be a real shame if I find out they have issues with v4.4.

Although if there are issues...anyone have a full download v4.3 installer stored away?

Edit: Maybe if I contact LM support they could send me over v4.3 if I find I need it.

Hi James,

If you read back a few posts you can see that you can get 4.3 directly from the LM website. They make the older versions available to those who want them.

11 hours ago, HighFlier said:

I did it this way, i had 4.3 installed. I ran the P3D uninstaller and let it do its thing. Keep in mind, i had GB's or ORBX, FSDT, Flightbeam, PMDG, etc etc etc AS16 and so forth. I installed 4.4 right over the 4.3 directory (not the client, but the entire thing). And all my addons still worked after. Granted, FSLabs needs to be updated and AS16, but AS16 is already providing a working beta.

So, no issues 🙂

16 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

I flight plan via SimBrief and all my aircraft are catered for using their downloader - single point of planning, multiple flight plan formats.

Granted SimBrief is extensive and covers most aircraft, my contention was that if everyone used the same format, we could just generate the flight plan in the sim and it loads in the plane, no need for multiple downloads or external flight planners no matter what 3rd party aircraft you use. 3rd Party software would be much more cohesive if everyone used the KISS method.

Again, just my opinion and don't want to detract from what the OP is discussing.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software