Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

Huge GoFlight Sale

MCP PRO $169 off, TQ6 $269 off, EFIS $150 off, other modules reduced by about 20%.  Never seen a sale this good on GF's website.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Can anyone provide a photo of a TQ6 quadrant mounted to a desk with their accessory TQ6 desk mount?  Also, is anyone using a pair of TQ6's for dual engine props mounted to a desk?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Can anyone provide a photo of a TQ6 quadrant mounted to a desk with their accessory TQ6 desk mount?  Also, is anyone using a pair of TQ6's for dual engine props mounted to a desk?

It connects via a simple screw tight lock. It will attach to any desk. The TQ6 has 2 throttle, prop and mixture levers already. Have a look on YouTube. There are a few good videos and reviews of it. I love mine.

Murray Dreyer

10 hours ago, mdreyer said:

It connects via a simple screw tight lock. It will attach to any desk. The TQ6 has 2 throttle, prop and mixture levers already. Have a look on YouTube. There are a few good videos and reviews of it. I love mine.

Found videos but they mostly show home cockpit arrangements, not desktop mounting.  Not all desks are equal.  Lesson previously learned. Mine has a bullnose edge, and on the underside there is a support strip (finished hardwood) running from side to side some 2.25 inches in from the outer edge of the bullnose.  So if the underside of the mount reaches in under the desk more than 2.25 inches then it will not fit for my application.  And I stress, the 2.25 in measurement is not  looking for the dimension of the bottom strip of the mount. Instead what is important is the reach.

One video I did find on packaging and unboxing shows the mount, but does not go through the process of mounting it.  No other video even showed the mount, and 100% of them were for the airliner model TQ-6.  I am looking at the general aviation version.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, Phillip Gallagher said:

Anyone know if the rotary panel can work stand alone?  Without the separate module encasement?

It will work, but it would be sitting there not attached to anything and wouldn't look very good.  The cases that hold two modules are great.  I have 6 of them on my desk and they look good.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

It will work, but it would be sitting there not attached to anything and wouldn't look very good.  The cases that hold two modules are great.  I have 6 of them on my desk and they look good.

I can't see that mini rack for sale anywhere.  I wouldn't mind getting two but I don't want the whole stack.

Sadly,my TQ6 is sitting in a cupboard unused for a few years. The handles became very sloppy, so after cutting down an allen key, and tightening up the connectors, I decided to fit the newer throttle handles with the wired in reversers. They are so heavy that no matter how much I tighten them, they still fall down under their own weight. Not very practical. Have now got a Virtual Fly TQ6, much more accurate, and no sloppy movement. Anybody want a used GOFlight TQ6 ? 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

9 hours ago, Freo said:

Anybody want a used GOFlight TQ6 ? 

Cheers 

Hi Neil,

My TQ6 has been a complete disappointment. Over the years I had to replace their cheap plastic levers and 1/2 the board is no longer operative.

PM sent.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

And over the years, I have been through 5 Complete sets of Saitek, and other throttles!  Point being, everything breaks and wears out and at least they are repairable unlike others.

Edited by Adrian123

I would drop cash within seconds on a good EFIS and MCP at this price, sadly, I have read too many reports about the crappy workmanship associated with these GoFlight modules, so sadly, I'm out.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Here is my 2 cents worth  ;) 

I love all my goflight modules: GF-MCP, GF-P8 (2), GF-T8, GF MCP-PRo, GF-46, GF-166 and GF-RP48.  They all work perfect and have never had an issue over the 10 years or so that I have owned them.  The one thing I don't like is their website and lack of a good forum.  But the hardware is top notch.  I don't own the GF-TQ6 though, so I can't comment there.

The only module I would want right now is the one they DON'T have showing.  The GF-LGTII is not there :(

Bruce

Bruce Wood

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, CPC900 said:

I love all my goflight modules: GF-MCP, GF-P8 (2), GF-T8, GF MCP-PRo, GF-46, GF-166 and GF-RP48.  They all work perfect and have never had an issue over the 10 years or so that I have owned them.   

Plus 1

I'm interested in the throttle, but need some advice from a current user(s).  Neither the Saitek quadrant or TPM that own seem to be very linear when using the throttle. 

The throttle operates on a curve such that at some point the engine rpm will jump a disproportionate amount making it impossible to maintain speeds on the Embraer that doesn't have auto throttle.

Does the GoFlight throttle exhibit the same issue, or is is truly linear?

I've tried using FSUIPC to deal with this, but with no luck.

Thanks,
Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

I have the Saitek quadrant. I've never noticed any jumping with it. Power change is smooth from 0 to 100%. 

Pull up the Windows calibration utility and see if there's jitter where the jump happens.