Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Installation Glitch!?

Didn't really know where to post this, but as I'm running Win10, here seems the right place?

Just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (x64), P3Dv4 and most of my many and varied addons, after a hardware rebuild.

Some addons require additional installations of various flavours of MS Visual C++ and Simconnect etc.

After these additional MS installations, I’ve noticed a recurring issue when then installing other addons and software…. When then launching any other program installers, be they FS or any other software, there’s long delay after the launch, and before the installer begins its routines.

Not really an issue, but does cause some serious delays, maybe up to about 20-30 seconds per installer.  It’s ESPECIALLY noticeable when launching any PMDG launchers.

Anyone else either know what I’m referring to, or had this experience?

Yup. I just did a fresh install of W10 from the newest ISO from Microsoft. I have indeed noticed delays before an installer begins. No idea what's causing it yet.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

10 hours ago, bobbyjack said:

Yup. I just did a fresh install of W10 from the newest ISO from Microsoft. I have indeed noticed delays before an installer begins. No idea what's causing it yet.

For me, its Definitely directly after installing the extra MS apps such as the C++ files

Phil,

Are you running these programs with admin privileges? Always best to. Right-click the program and choose Run with Admin privileges.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather