Sign in to follow this  
DominoX

hwm_nand_drvr_sim.c(827) (null) (resolved)

I'm trying out XP11.30 beta 5.

When I launch RXP750, it comes on with the dreaded blank screen.

There is this one line (very bottom entry) in rxpGtnSim.dll.log that does not appear in my XP11.26 copy where RXP750 works just fine.

Can someone explain what this is? I'm assuming it's some sort of error that indicates why the screen comes up blank.

What can I do to get rid of the error and get my 750 working properly?

18/11/27 17:30:46.619 05176 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.9.0
18/11/27 17:30:46.619 05176 INFO ] 
18/11/27 17:35:43.892 16084 INFO ] 
18/11/27 17:36:25.509 13616 INFO ] GTN: 01 ..\..\src\krnl\krnl_lib\sim\hwm_nand_drvr_sim.c(827) (null)

1 minute ago, RXP said:

Hi,

what does the other RXP log file say? (rxpGTN.xpl.log)

18/11/27 18:00:00.340 05440 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.9.0
18/11/27 18:00:00.340 05440 INFO ] 

Although v2.5.9 has been tested against 10.30b5 ok, it is a beta version so YMMV.

Most likely given the message text, I'd guess there is a problem with the sys_nand# files (the device non volatile memory, explained in the User's Manual).

It is unlikely XPlane version affects this.

Are you using 2.5.9 in both XPL11.26 and XPL11.30b5?

NB: we're re-released v2.5.9 installer on Nov 25, 2018 23:59UTC with corrections to the environment variables used to redirect the trainer paths. If you are using these, you might want to re-download the e-commerce installer from our website and re-install over. Make sure to review the up-to-date environment variables in the User's Manual too. 

NB:
the line appears because you've manually added the following setting in the ini file: "LogTrainer="
Remove this line and it won't show, but since it is showing, it means there is something not running right in the trainer anyhow.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks Jean-Luc,

Yes, I switched on LogTrainer and DebugValue so that I could troubleshoot. And yes, I'm using 2.5.9 in both XP sims.

I can definitely confirm I downloaded your most recent installer just yesterday.

All the sys_nand# files are there as expected.

Ok, this covers the basis, please allow me some time and I'll get back with further information.

In the meantime, can you confirm you are using for example the very same aircraft, with the very same RealityXP.GTN.ini?

could this be one is expecting power from the BUS6 for example, while the other is always on? (or other similar disparities like this)

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Yep, same aircraft in both sims, and yes, I copied RealityXP.GTN.ini from XP11.26 (where it works) to XP11.30b5.

But wait. I experimented a bit more, and problem now fixed with a work-around.

I added entries for GTNSIMPATH and GTNAPPDATA to User Env Variables. That seems to have fixed it.

So it looks like there's a problem with RXP750 not being able to automatically detect where the Garmin trainer lives (I use trainer 6.5.1).

I did not have to add any env variables to get the XP11.26 version to work.

That is the strange part: there is nothing in these paths related to the XPL version. This is entirely separate.

The re-released v2.5.9 fixed (silently - thus a re-released version) handling of these environment variables. Otherwise, should you didn't use them to get started with, it is supposed not to make any difference.

The only reason would be XPL11.30b5 is 'preventing' our plugin to access some of the Windows registry where it is looking up the paths.

Where have you installed the Garmin GTN Trainer? and the GTN Database?

Just so that there is no mistake in our files too, can you confirm both plugin files (XPL11\Resources\Plugins\rxpGTN\64\win.xpl ) have same size (3,831,808 bytes) and date?

Edited by RXP

Where have you installed the Garmin GTN Trainer? and the GTN Database?

Default locations. 

• GTNSIMPATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\bin"
  • GTNAPPDATA="C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Packages\GTN\data"
  • GTNNAVDATA="C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Database"

can you confirm both plugin files (XPL11\Resources\Plugins\rxpGTN\64\win.xpl ) have same size (3,831,808 bytes) and date

Yep, same size and date created = 11/26/2018 12:20PM

Thanks for your help and interest in getting this resolved. I'm happy to do any troubleshooting and debugging you might need 🙂

I thank you for your patience and offer to help with this issue!

Can you please maybe selectively try out one environment variable at a time?

I'd do in this order: GTNSIMPATH only, then GTNNAVDATA only. (GTNAPPDATA should be automatically detected from one or the other).

NB: to 'disable' an environment variable, just add '_' suffix to the name. It is easier to revert than copy/paste the full path again!

Edited by RXP

AARRGGHH !!!!!

Ok, so I got to the point where I renamed (and finally deleted) all 3 env vars, and IT STILL WORKS !!!

It turns out the whole problem has something to do with admin rights.

If I run x-plane.exe with "Run as administrator' - all good

If I run it normal (not admin), RXP gives the original error in the log again, and blank screen.

And now, both 11.26 and 11.30r5 do the same thing. If I run 11.26 without admin, then that fails too now.

11.26 is Installed in D:\Programs\XP11. That's far away from any folders Win10 treats as protected.

11.30b5 is installed on Desktop, which Win10 shouldn't be trying to protect ??

The issue most likely came from you'd have installed the trainer as admin instead?

Edited by RXP

Could be. I can't remember for sure, but I normally 'install' apps as admin out of habit, so it's quite possible.

Sorry to have wasted your time Jean-Luc. Have a great evening 🙂  Cheers from Seattle.