Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

control assignments lost in P3DV4.3

Hello,

I use P3Dv4.3. I have a CH Yoke, CH rudder pedals,3 Saitek quadrants. I don't use FSUIPC. Yesterday I lost all my control assignments. At first I thought that it was a USB mix up caused by Windows seven, which I've already experienced. But it was not the case because the assignments were the same with the 3 quadrants and those in the Yoke did not make sense. My conclusion is that it could be a P3D issue. Has anybody encountered this problem? Is there a fix? 

I don't think that the Joystick ID tool would be useful because it was not related to a mix up between my pieces of hardware.

Thank you 

Hello,

I've had no replies so far. Since I was still experiencing the problem, I bought FSUIPC with the hope that it would solve it. 

I deleted all the control assignments in P3D and relied on FSUIPC only. It worked for some time but tonight, the mess was back.

I have noticed  that the control assignments had  come back even though they had been all  deleted . So there was a mix up between P3D and FSUIPC. I deleted everything in P3D again and was able to use my joystick and quadrants. It is clear that the issue will come back.

What can I do to prevent P3D from reassigning the controls? Where is the control data file located? 

It is very annoying and makes V4 unusable as far as I am concerned (no problem with FSX, V2 and V3).

Thank you for your help.