Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Can I Run 30Hz on Samsung TV?

I'm in one of those phases where I am considering several options for a new cockpit build, either triple monitor setup or upping from my 4K 43" to a 49" curved 4K Samsung TV. I currently run an excellent Philips monitor and do so at 30Hz, I need to ascertain whether I will be able to run the Samsung TV at 30Hz, as it is a TV and not a monitor (does that make a difference) or whether it will be a simple task to do so. It is advertised at 60Hz but unsure.... does anyone have any advice, cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I think all 4K TVs support 30 Hz in 4K resolution as this is the maximum refresh rate with HDMI 1.4. I just bought a 49 inch 8 series 4K Samsung TV last week and it does support 30 Hz without a problem. I switched from a triple monitor setup and I‘m pleased with the new setup. It is not as immersive as the wide view you get with the triple monitor setup, but you can see more of the cockpit panel which is nice. And being able to run the TV at 30 Hz is very nice, because smoothness is better than at 60 Hz even with a frame limiter. 

Edited by carlito777
  • Like 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I bought a  Samsung 47", Series 6, 4K Curved Monitor  a couple of years ago and its supports 30 Hz.  I'm really happy with it. 

Edited by rickjake
  • Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

10 hours ago, carlito777 said:

I think all 4K TVs support 30 Hz in 4K resolution as this is the maximum refresh rate with HDMI 1.4. I just bought a 49 inch 8 series 4K Samsung TV last week and it does support 30 Hz without a problem. I switched from a triple monitor setup and I‘m pleased with the new setup. It is not as immersive as the wide view you get with the triple monitor setup, but you can see more of the cockpit panel which is nice. And being able to run the TV at 30 Hz is very nice, because smoothness is better than at 60 Hz even with a frame limiter. 

8 hours ago, krono said:

I run 3 Samsung 43" and they will run at 30Hz no problems.

8 hours ago, rickjake said:

I bought a  Samsung 47", Series 6, 4K Curved Monitor  a couple of years ago and its supports 30 Hz.  I'm really happy with it. 

Thanks for the feedback fellas, very helpful 😃

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

How do you get a 43" Samsung NU6090 to run at 30hz?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.