Sign in to follow this  
divinglyc

Is GTN 750/650 compatible with P3D?

Hi! I own the A2A Comanche 250 for P3D v4 and I am thinking of getting a better GPS/NAV other than the default Garmin GNS 400 (it's way too simplified)..
I am considering F1 GTN 650/750, MS GNS 430/530 or Reality XP GTN 650/750(because I also fly in XP 11).
I know the former two is compatible with A2A, but because I also fly XP 11, I favor the RXP one. I am wondering if I can use flawlessly on the A2A(  or in P3D)with RXP GTN 650/750?
Thanks!

Edited by RXP

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Hi,

Not sure to understand you fullly, but the RXP GTN 650 and 750 for P3D are two separate products.

And the GTN 650 and 750 for XP are again two separate products.

I don't own the Comanche but I think that the RXP GTN 650 and 750 will work correctly. You need to do some manual file editing I believe. It's not like the Bonanza where a "A2A Condigurator" does all the work of integration of the GTN into the virtual cockpit.

• Like 1

- TONY -

4 hours ago, Simicro said:

Hi,

Not sure to understand you fullly, but the RXP GTN 650 and 750 for P3D are two separate products.

And the GTN 650 and 750 for XP are again two separate products.

I don't own the Comanche but I think that the RXP GTN 650 and 750 will work correctly. You need to do some manual file editing I believe. It's not like the Bonanza where a "A2A Condigurator" does all the work of integration of the GTN into the virtual cockpit.

Oh! I think I have misunderstood something.

So I cannot buy RXP GTN 750 for XP and use it also in P3D right? It cannot be used "cross-platform"?

Thanks!

Iching Lee from Taiwan

They're two separate licenses to use them in both sims.  There are four products:  GTN 750 for FSX/P3D, GTN 750 for X-Plane, GTN 650 for FSX/P3D, and GTN 650 for X-Plane.  Whichever of those you purchased, you are allowed to use up to two of those units in each aircraft.  In other words:  I have purchased only the GTN 750 for FSX/P3D, so I can have two GTN 750s in my RealAir Lancair Legacy, two in my Ant's Eaglet, etc.

To use them in both P3D and X-Plane, you will need to purchase each one separately.  So unfortunately no, they can't be used cross-platform.

Since you're considering all the various GPS units available in the sim, I will say this:  The MS units (as I understand it) do NOT use Garmin's trainer software, so they're just approximations of the real-world units.  F1's GTNs DO use the trainer software, so they aren't approximations, they're the real deal.  But, they are several trainer versions behind Reality XP's, so they don't have the newer nav database, VNAV or visual approach functionalities.  They're also MUCH slower to update their gauge.  RXP's support is so much more responsive.  After having switched from the F1 version myself, I haven't looked back.  The RXP ones perform SO much better and are much easier to set up in my opinion because you don't have to restart your sim to make changes to the config.

Keep in mind also that any aircraft that is compatible with F1's GTNs are also compatible with Reality XP's because of their ability to automatically detect and replace the F1 gauges in the sim.  I have yet to find an aircraft that the RXP one doesn't work with.

Hope that helps!

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Clorix said:

They're two separate licenses to use them in both sims.  There are four products:  GTN 750 for FSX/P3D, GTN 750 for X-Plane, GTN 650 for FSX/P3D, and GTN 650 for X-Plane.  Whichever of those you purchased, you are allowed to use up to two of those units in each aircraft.  In other words:  I have purchased only the GTN 750 for FSX/P3D, so I can have two GTN 750s in my RealAir Lancair Legacy, two in my Ant's Eaglet, etc.

To use them in both P3D and X-Plane, you will need to purchase each one separately.  So unfortunately no, they can't be used cross-platform.

Since you're considering all the various GPS units available in the sim, I will say this:  The Mindstar units (as I understand it) do NOT use Garmin's trainer software, so they're just approximations of the real-world units.  Flight1's GTNs DO use the trainer software, so they aren't approximations, they're the real deal.  But, they are several trainer versions behind Reality-XP's, so they don't have the newer nav database, VNAV or visual approach functionalities.  They're also MUCH slower to update their gauge.  RXP's support is so much more responsive.  After having switched from the Flight1 version myself, I haven't looked back.  The RXP ones perform SO much better and are much easier to set up in my opinion because you don't have to restart your sim to make changes to the config.

Keep in mind also that any aircraft that is compatible with Flight1's GTNs are also compatible with Reality-XP's because of their ability to automatically detect and replace the Flight1 gauges in the sim.  I have yet to find an aircraft that the RXP one doesn't work with.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! It's of great great help to me in making decision! 

As to the compatibility issue, I ask because when I open my A2A Comanche 250 configurator for GPS, the RXP option is greyed.(please refer to my pic). I have also posted this question on their support forum but no response so far.

In fact, just by the introduction from the respective page of F1 and RXP, I prefer RXP, and that's why I am so concerned about the compatibility. If the option is greyed, then it means I cannot choose RXP or if there is any other way to integrate or code it? Besides, is it better to get both 650 and 750? Or is 750 alone is enough?

Thanks a lot!! 

edit. I just got some response from A2A: At the present time, the RXP GTN units aren't officially supported in the Comanche but it should be possible to integrate them successfully.

VUqumXf.png

Edited by divinglyc

Iching Lee from Taiwan

I posted a related question for the Comanche over in the pinned Official Panel Configuration topic here in the RXP GTN support forum.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, fppilot said:

I posted a related question for the Comanche over in the pinned Official Panel Configuration topic here in the RXP GTN support forum.

Thanks a lot! I will have a look! 😊

Iching Lee from Taiwan