Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

GPWS on the GTN - Pull Up ?

Hi Jean-Luc,

Someone on the FSW forum recently brought up this question on the Lear - I recall it as well... By default - FSW only has the Lear setup to use the F1 product... Honestly - I forget if I actually swapped out the F1 GTN on that specific aircraft for the RXP model - or not... I won't be able to test until the weekend...

We get an erroneous "Pull Up" call when we intercept the GS all the way down to touch down - very annoying... Do you think the RXP unit will do the same and would there be an easy way to silence it ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

First, it depends if you setup the GTN device in Terrain Proximity Mode, TAWS-B or TAWS-A.

Then, for the last two, there are additional options for you to setup, such as min runway length /surface type which affect our GTN TAWS algorithm in determining whether your are CFIT or landing.

In addition, when using TAWS-A, you can select a number of specific aircraft speeds (Approach, Flaps Extended, Gear Extended) to further refine the algorithm limits.

The RXP GTN figures these value automatically for you depending on the type of aircraft you are loading it with, whether fixed or retractable gear, and you can manually set the values instead if you prefer.

Last but not least, there couldn't be any sane TAWS-A installation without an essential component: we connect the gear extended and flaps extended signal to the GTN so that the TAWS-A/B work as intended.

Like I often say here, not all GTN are born equal, and I'd be pretty sure the RXP GTN would do, in the case you are asking for, exactly like the real GTN would do!

Just let me know you tests outcome!

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc,

Thanks for the detailed response - I'll play with it over the weekend and also share your post with Flysimware...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I'd suggest you also try these out:

Not only they are very useful, they should be mandatory in such aircraft category I think. And you'll get the TERR INHB button which is handy too!

Further information p7 of the User's Manual.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)