Sign in to follow this  
noahjpn

ProATC X flight plan won't load into fmc

Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed so often on this forum, but all those topics won't help me solve my problem. 
When I want to load a flightplan into the fmc on the PMDG 777/737NGX, and I hit the ''co route'' or ''route request'' button, nothing appears. The fmc will tell me 'no routes available'. 

Yes, I hit these buttons after my clearance request.
Also I noticed that all the paths towards the PMDG FLIGHTPLAN folder are correct. But when I save a flightplan, nothing appears in these folder.(PROGRAM FILES/LOCKHEED MARTIN/PREPAR3D V4/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/777 or NGX) Very strange to me. 

I used to use ProATC X on fsx, and there everything worked perfectly fine. To the best of my knowledge, I am doing exactly the same as what I did in FSX. 

This didn't really bother me flying with the 737NGX, because it were pretty short routes and entering the waypoints and airways manually was not taking up so much time. However now that I have purchased PMDG's 777, I fly longer routes. I do not want to enter every flightplan mnually. It takes up to much time for me. 

Thanks in advanced,

Noah

Hi Noah

The only thing I can think of that you haven't mentioned in your post is whether you have switched to P3D mode in the options menu. I can't remember which bit its in exactly but if you go through them you should see a couple of radio buttons and you select whether FSX or P3D is active. If P3D is not selected then all your plans will be set up in your FSX folder.

Hope you can get it resolved.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

Hi Stu,

I surely have switched it to p3d. 

Thanks anyway.

Ah well it was a shot in the dark! I assume you have told Pro ATC to generate flight plans to PMDG when you save your flight plan?

Its been a while since I used it but it always generated an FMC co route for me. I wonder if there's a write-protection thing going on with the folder you're trying to save it to? That could stop it from being generated. I suppose you could try running PATC in Administrator mode to see if it can write the flight plan then.

I'll try generating a FP tonight with it and see what steps I take - maybe something will jump out at me!

Edited by stufer

Stuart Furley

That is a very good one. I will try later tonight to run patc in admin mode. I keep you posted. 

Anyhow thank you so much for your response and troubles!

smvud4.jpg

Noah here is an image of my ProatcX installation I use in Prepar3dv4.3, ALL of the addons flightplans are loaded into whichever aircraft I use. Maybe a visual depiction says more than words.

Steve

steve southey

Just now, JustanotherPilot said:

smvud4.jpg

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply.

the addons that apply for me (pmdg 737ngx and 777) show exactly the same path as yours.

Seems like an issue that needs answering in the Proatcx forums http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/,

They are very strict on signing each post with your real name so be warned to avoid wasting time for a reply.

Just an after thought, have you got the correct path to you Prepar3dv4 installation, it wont load FP's in aircraft if that's not correct

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

25 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Just an after thought, have you got the correct path to you Prepar3dv4 installation, it wont load FP's in aircraft if that's not correct

Do you mean the default path to p3d? In that case, yes it should be correct because it is the same as yours.

2 hours ago, stufer said:

I suppose you could try running PATC in Administrator mode to see if it can write the flight plan then.

This just did the trick! Thank you guys so much! This will save me a lot of time in the future!

Excellent stuff Noah, glad that has fixed it. I think a lot more stuff needs to be run as Admin these days. Don't remember having to do this so much until more recently but it seems to be a good place to start when things aren't working right.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley