Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

FSUIPC and two different controllers

Hi, I am now using the Thrustmaster HOTAS stick, TQ6 quad, and RUDDO pedals.

But I just bought a Yoko yoke.

The stick, pedals, and throttle quad I use are all set up in FSUIPC (I admit I'm not too good with FSUIPC).

When I get the yoke next week I plan on unplugging the HOTAS stick and use the yoke.

My question is will I have to create all new profiles in FSUPIC for all my planes?  Or can FSUIPC be modified and if so how exactly?

I really have no idea what to do so any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

good question. I would ask why one would need to unplug one and plug in the other unless you don't have a enough USB ports and then you could get an external USB hub? That would , I think, resolve your issue with FSUIPC programming. I've been going to add a Joystick along with my yoke and have considered this. I believe as long as I use the JS for my airbuses and yoke for all else without unplugging it wouldn't be an issue..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

good question. I would ask why one would need to unplug one and plug in the other unless you don't have a enough USB ports and then you could get an external USB hub? That would , I think, resolve your issue with FSUIPC programming. I've been going to add a Joystick along with my yoke and have considered this. I believe as long as I use the JS for my airbuses and yoke for all else without unplugging it wouldn't be an issue..

Hi Adrian, I have plenty of USB ports, it's a new Jetline PC.  But not enough room on my desk.  I love the stick with all its buttons and will have a lot less so I've been getting used to my Orb Weaver.

However, it still begs the question of programming it in FSUIPC.  Will I have to make all new profiles for all the planes AND the pedals, and quadrant?  

Or can the existing ones be modified?  And if so how?

I very much appreciate you getting back to me so fast.

Jack Sawyer

LOL. We never have enough room with our "home built Cockpits". I would believe you would need different profiles, using different controllers for the aircraft. No big deal really and FSUIPC is very powerful in that aspect and not all the difficult to do. you may be able to modify existing profiles but with different controller assignment it may be just simpler to start over. I would have to try it to see exactly how to do it. My suggestion, Just save your fsuipc.ini as a backup and start experimenting

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Adrian123 said:

LOL. We never have enough room with our "home built Cockpits". I would believe you would need different profiles, using different controllers for the aircraft. No big deal really and FSUIPC is very powerful in that aspect and not all the difficult to do. you may be able to modify existing profiles but with different controller assignment it may be just simpler to start over. I would have to try it to see exactly how to do it. My suggestion, Just save your fsuipc.ini as a backup and start experimenting

Thanks Adrian.  I do that always anyway, that ini file is always sittin right on my desktop.

That's a bummer, I was afraid to hear this as it's an incredible amount of work to do this to the whole fleet.

I wish there was a way I could plug it in and have the ini see both but only use the code in the ini for whatever one is plugged in.

:huh:

Jack Sawyer

I may be all wet but but I find unplugging and plugging in controllers can lead to undesirable results. Basically with the OS reassigning.(They have a name for that, HID compliant controller)) Best bet is to find away to keep it active, plugged in all the time. I wish you good fortune.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I may be all wet but but I find unplugging and plugging in controllers can lead to undesirable results. Basically with the OS reassigning.(They have a name for that, HID compliant controller)) Best bet is to find away to keep it active, plugged in all the time. I wish you good fortune.

Thanks Adrian.  Dang, now another can of worms. :blink:

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Adrian.  Dang, now another can of worms. :blink:

It's what makes this challenging. Like a Gardners keeping his tools sharp or his hobby . 😉

• Like 1

There's a feature in FSUIPC that allows you to assign a letter, versus a number, for each controller, and that letter assignment is tied to the GUID of the device.  Doing it that way, you're not affected by the order in which Windows numbers the controllers (which can change if you're plugging and unplugging things).  It's detailed in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 minute ago, w6kd said:

There's a feature in FSUIPC that allows you to assign a letter, versus a number, for each controller, and that letter assignment is tied to the GUID of the device.  Doing it that way, you're not affected by the order in which Windows numbers the controllers (which can change if you're plugging and unplugging things).  It's detailed in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide.

Regards

Thank you but I'm an extreme newbie to FSUIPC.  Can you kind of maybe walk be through it a little to give a general idea?  Screenshots maybe?

Any idea what page in the guide I'd find this?  

Jack Sawyer

It's actually in the User Guide (not the Advanced User's Guide).  Page 21 of the 2 Aug 2018 document.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

9 minutes ago, w6kd said:

It's actually in the User Guide (not the Advanced User's Guide).  Page 21 of the 2 Aug 2018 document.

Regards

Thank you kind sir!!!!

Jack Sawyer